Fallout from the apostate-bashing WT article?

by cedars 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've noticed there are a few excellent threads on here about Sunday's 9/11 Watchtower study. My own analysis of its more blatantly farcical claims (including that of apostates being "mentally diseased") can be seen here.

What I really wanted to know is - what has the fallout been? Has it created any horror-stories within people's families or homes, etc? I truly hope not, although I suppose it would be inevitable.

Mrs Cedars was warned about it well in advance and chose not to attend, although her own parents attended and her mother returned from the meeting declaring her newfound fear of apostates and dread of apostate websites etc.

Would anybody care to share their own experiences with friends/family?

Cedars

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, cedars:

I attended yesterday in order to see friends and family whom I might otherwise seldom see. My dear friends of 30 years were among those that commented in concert (of course) with the programmed script. Others did not comment. I perceive that among some in attendance there is cognitive dissonance in the head and unrest in the heart. Given my one-time programming, I am totally empathetic with what my kith and kin might be experiencing internally. Of course, no outward comments ... yet.

My attendance, confined to Sundays, is irregular. The fallout for me is that I will fight all the harder against WT tyranny.

CoCo le Soldat

Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom, Thomas Jefferson (excerpt):

[...] that truth is great and will prevail if left to herself, that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error and has nothing to fear from the conflict, unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate, errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them.

• cedars
    cedars

The fallout for me is that I will fight all the harder against WT tyranny.

Good for you CoCo. I really hope there haven't been too many nightmare encounters behind closed doors that have been caused by this ridiculous article. I am anxious to hear if there have been any. If nothing else, it would all serve as further testimony against the unspeakable emotional and pyschological warfare that is being waged against those who would dare to speak out against the mighty Governing Body, or even attempt to hear from those that do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I got an Email from inside a Kingdom Hall yesterday,during the Watchtower Study..

The JW didn't believe ATM`s are being put in Assembly Halls..That would never happen..

And..

The person was freaking out about apostates..LOL!!..

Apostates are everywhere!..

Even on cell phones in Kingdom Halls..

Dam I`m Good!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• carla
    carla

Well yay! I know what the fallout for me will be and I am HAPPY! it means my jw will not attempt a jw discussion with me for quite some time.

We have been having a few of those discussions lately and they are never good. His fear of hearing apostate things from me will keep him from bringing up anything jw related for .....hmm, I guess until the next mag comes and tell him what to believe that week.

• LV101
    LV101

OUTLAW --- GOOD NEWS about a good number of them inside the halls --- you made my day!

COC --- GOOD NEWS about fighting harder against the tyranny.

• cedars
    cedars

hm - I'm still not hearing any true horror stories yet. Not that I want to put words in anyone's mouth, or that I want people to make stuff up, but surely it can't be true that the fallout from the apostate-bashing WT study has all been POSITIVE?! Surely not - I know that's not the case in my family, and I'm interested to know whether things have been worse in others.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I went. After the meeting the blinds closed with three elders in the back room. The next day two of those elders asked if I would meet with them. Looks like my days are numbered.

• erbie
    erbie

Outlaw, you are good!

I love Mutley and his dastardly deeds.

And of course, we are all mentally deseased (naturally). Otherwise we'd all be skulking off back to the Kingdom Halls right?

Especially with all the trouble in the world.

S##t, is that the time. I'd better get moving before the meeting finishes!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good luck with that wannabefree.

Maybe you will be free soon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit