Atheists going to hell...who said this was true?

by trailerfitter 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

Perry - judge the wicked, yes. Though God may also have mercy upon whomever he wishes to have mercy upon. None of us could say anything to the effect that- well, that person did bad in life and I don't think its fair that he was shown mercy. Because those words would condemn US, since we rely on His mercy as well. So we should hope that mercy be shown everyone, since we want mercy to be shown to us as well.

But punish (torture/torment) the wicked for all eternity, no. Serves no purpose. Might a person be destroyed 'eternally' though? Destroyed for all time. Yes. And before you say that the soul cannot be destroyed (if you were about to say so), Christ, Himself, contradicts that.

"Beware of Him who can destroy both body and soul." Matthew 10:28

Yes?

Peace,

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Where was God when God Flattened Joplin Mo. heart of the Bible Belt....or the 1500 homes of Christians that burned in Texas last week.

God needs to get control of God...

• tec
    tec

You don't think God did those things any more than I do, Designs, so I don't know why you continue to bring it up.

Peace,

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Tammy- Just having fun with the Fundies......

• tec
    tec

But they already have fun in their name.

Anyway, some of us know a different God, and so we will speak against lies about Him.

Peace,

Tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes to be clear, Tec never bothers me in the least. She has faith, she expresses it, and she never needs to warn me about hell or take guesses at my eternal destiny. Tec I hope you know that. I generally respond to such bs because that is what pushed my into the JW cult---fear of hell. It's like a tic with me at this point---I'm sure I'll work it out one day. I have many Christian friends that I just love and they live according to their principals, which is generally a very good thing.

This extreme crop that is grabbing headlines and congressional seats concerns me though. I don't even view people like you as remotely related to what I see happening.

NC

• tec
    tec

I have never taken offense at anything you've said, NC. In fact, I agree with most of the things you said on this post - not the 'there is no god', of course ;)

Peace,

Tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's good to know. When I start a rant, I don't always think it through. It's not so much railing against all religion or belief as resentment that belief in hell led me to a cult for relief.

• Perry
    Perry

Perry---I can't answer this because there is no god.

NC,

You just got through accusing this God you claim doesn't exist of all sorts of evil things. Does that seem rational to you? But that is besides the point.

Belief in God, or belief in no god is irrelevent to the question I posed. If God exists, he either judges evil or he becomes evil for enabling it from his lack of judgment. That is the conclusion I came to. I haven't found any argument to refute it yet.

Not trying to be argumentative here. And yes, Christians love Jesus example of how to live:

Jesus spent time with little kids and rebuked his closest disciples that hindered them. He healed the blind. He noticed a little widow woman who gave just two pennies to God.... and said she gave the most because it was out of her need and not surplus. He spent time with publicans, prostitutes, and grubby fisherman. He washed their feet and said we should do likewise to our neighbor. He taught us who our neighbor really was in "the good Samaritan". He healed the ear of the guard that arrested him after Peter aiming for his neck swiped it off. He taugth us to love those who persecute us and go conquoring evil with the power of the good. In a shredded tattered body, He asked his father while nailed to a blood drenched tree, to forgive those that spit on him for they knew not the gravity of what they were doing.

Yet, shortly after he rose from the dead and had all his friends feel him and examine the wounds he suffered three days prior, he issued this command to a forgiven Peter:

Acts 10:42 And he [Jesus] commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Christians talk about the rightfulness and various other aspects of Judgment because Jesus told us to.

• designs
    designs

200,000,000+ slaughtered in the name of this Jesus and he never lifted a finger to stop it, maybe that's the way he wanted it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit