WBTS and 9/11

by african GB Member 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It bothers me greatly. People needed water, towels. A place to wash. Someone to talk to about their experiences. They needed to regroup before trying to find a way home. Mass transit was stopped. Several people I knew who were there just walked and walked. They were in shock and did not think to call loved ones.

The way NY?NJers responded says so much for the world. Again, what would Jesus do?

Perform a dance of glee at the utter destruction of humanity.

Did anyone else here think of the Tower of Babel? It freaked me out. The bragging by calling it the World Trace Center, as though no other trade existed elsewhere. All the nationalities involved in internatoinal finance.

• muzikman74
    muzikman74

One thing that bothered me for the longest time was an announcement made at the Kingdom Hall right after 9/11...the announcement was....."Just to let everyone know, NO BROTHERS OR SISTERS WERE KILLED on 9/11". This angered me for the longest time and I thought to myself.."How selfish.....what about all the other innocent people." You see, this is one of the top reasons I no longer want to be a JW anymore. They only think and help ONLY other witnesses and they could give a darn about all the other people out there when tragedy strikes. I guess their mindset is...."oh well, they're gonna die at armagedon anyway."

The week it happened I called a friend of mine in Brooklyn bethel and he said that things didn't stop there.....work continued as usual. He said bethelites were looking at the windows and I believe he said all meetings were cancelled....but work stayed the same. He also said all kinds of papers from the twin towers were blowing all the way over to Brooklyn Heights.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember reading in a letter from the society to the congs that the vibrations were felt at the 360 Bldg and those workers went home early.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower’s response to the 911 attack was shameful!!!

“Tuesday, in the immediate aftermath of the World Trade Center bombing and collapse, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses locked the doors of its Brooklyn facilities. First hand, I was told this was to keep out the traffic. On the outside were countless exhausted persons in utter shock and in grief. They had a need. A microcosmic tragedy amidst colossal tragedy. What a spectacle. I am ashamed.”—(Posted September 14, 2001 right here at JWN: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/11831/1/Ashamed

Watchtower LOCKED THE DOORS!!!

Marvin Shilmer

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember reading in an issue of g that Bethel actually took in people-feeding them in the various Bethel lobbies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit