The list of things that would never have occurred if the JW organization never existed

by thetrueone 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Coming off a topic that Terry started recently concerning what if J Rutherford never grabbed a hold of the WTS. corporation.

I thought it might be interesting to accumulate a list of things that would never have happened due to the WTS/JWS

existence and expansion over the years. The idea to is create a broad viewing perspective to how the WTS. essentially had effected humanity.

Of course one could make a list into infinity but I think the main important highlights are what we should aim for.

1. I'll start by saying there wouldn't having been thousands of people who ended their life prematurely for refusing a blood transfusion, vaccination

or a organ transplant. This one element alone hit me personally for my owm mother refused a BT and she died in doing so.

One poster off of Terry's thread stated -

.... you think of the millions of trees that would have been spared?

Over the long period of 100 years or more the WTS. printed out hundreds of millions of pieces of literature around the world which was mostly

commercialized BS with a religious flair. Even the WTS today admits that many of the books and magazines printed and published by the

organization are designated now unworthy to read and hold no or little appreciable value. Great works of literature....hardly

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If people weren't ensnared by the 'mind cleansing' cult, there would be/have been thousands of useful citizens truly helping the advancement of civilization by using their talents for the good of mankind. Instead of leaving responsibility to an invisible sky friend and then pacing the streets forcing propaganda onto people.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I would never had met my wife

CP

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I would have qualified as an Engineer long ago.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Ray Franz would have been one of the most celebrated authors of our time, and perhaps even a top executive of a certain company, instead of being on GB most of his life.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Sounds like good material for a time travel movie.

• blondie
    blondie

I think you overestimate the impact of the WTS...there are many more organizations, religious and non-religious, that have a bigger impact on life around us.

The WTS does have an impact on individuals but on the world around us, the WTS is hardly a blip.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think you overestimate the impact of the WTS...there are many more organizations, religious and non-religious, that have a bigger impact on life around us.

Mormonism would be an example - only slightly older than the JWs, and a far more substantial influence.

The JWs seem "big" to us, but that is mostly because we were in it.

As for the "landmark supreme court decisions", the activist athiests, the ACLU, and the viet-nam era war protestors actually have accomplished more - and would have done everything the JWs did as legal precedent anyway.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I, too, would never have met my wife:

- thus sparing her, me, and the three children from untold misery.

(As you might have deduced by now, that didn't work out too well!)

Bill.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS does have an impact on individuals but on the world around us, the WTS is hardly a blip.

Totally agree Blondie , there are many various religious organizations that have had perilously damaging consequences toward individuals that

somehow got involved with them. I thought it would be interesting to focus on the JWS and see what sort of effects it had on humanity in structuring people's

individual behaviors as well as a sect as a whole.

Believe it or not there may actually be some good things worth mentioning.

Call it a study of human behavior psychology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit