Will There Be Another Act Of Terrorism This Coming Week In Your Opinion?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/09/09/090911-news-zawahiri-intraday/

The mastermind behind the terror plot announced yesterday was the man who filled Osama bin Laden’s shoes as al Qaeda’s new No. 1: Ayman al-Zawahiri.

In early August, Zawahiri personally recruited three terrorists to travel to the U.S. to perpetrate a string of car-bomb attacks on Washington, D.C., and New York City to coincide with the 10th anniversary of September 11, according to high-ranking sources in the counter-intelligence community who spoke with The Daily on condition of anonymity.

And they “may have met up with a small cell or other suspects,” the sources said.

Officials said they are acting on unverified intelligence from a single, “credible source.”

All three operatives speak fluent English. Two are believed to be American citizens, one of Egyptian descent and one of Yemeni descent, according to sources.

Zawahiri coordinated with Afghan Taliban to help smuggle the three Arab operatives to launch a string of attacks “in the U.S. and possibly Europe.”

They were instructed to carry out a car bomb-like attack in New York or Washington, but also were told “to be flexible in their attack,” sources said.

To reach the U.S., two of the operatives traveled to Pakistan through Iran, sources said. In Pakistan they met up with a third operative and traveled to Kabul, Afghanistan. In Kabul they “dropped and swapped” passports and other identification before traveling to Dubai. From there they traveled to the U.S.

Despite specifics about travel plans, officials said they do not know exactly whom they are looking for. No names were provided.

Asked about the plot this morning, Vice President Joe Biden told “Good Morning America” that there was “no smoking gun” thus far.

“We do have talk about using a car bomb. We’ve been told that was an intention ... from a credible source,” Biden said. “But we do not have confirmation of that.”

• minimus
    minimus

DISGUSTING!!!!!

• Joliette
    Joliette

I think so also minimus.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i'm hoping for an earthquake on the 11th of september.....

• Band on the Run
  • minimus
    minimus

September 11th is tomorrow and I do hope nothing terrible happens. I believe it should be a somber day to remember.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, tomorrow will be a day of rememberance for us. We made sure to have nothing planned, not even a trip to the store. Best of all, no longer being a JW, I will be putting up a new 3x5 flag in the flag holder, and also will be hanging a 5x8 antique 48 star flag that was made in 1942, although it will only be out for a couple of hours due to the age. I love having a patriotic feeling, and I think the US flag is one of the most beautiful around, and I feel proud being able to use it as a symbolic tribute to those who perished, not only on 9/11, but all who have needlessly lost their lives over the years.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There will be terrorists out in full force in NYC on 9/11. They belong to a group known as the Westboro Baptist Church. They will be protesting the memorial service.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

No. If there was going to be another false flag attack, they wouldn't announce it. Instead, they'll brag about how their "intensified intelligence" and "watchful diligence" saved us from another attack by Al-CIA-da boogeymen.

• minimus
    minimus

ohio cb-------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit