What's The Worst Thing About Ever Having Been A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS: Thankfully, not having been raised in the religion, I cannot begin to imagine the damage and pain that many here on this forum have experienced. I was a young adult who stupidly wasted the best years of my life letting my ears be tickled and daydreaming about never-never land. There is just NO getting back precious time. This is the real tragedy for me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What's The Worst Thing About Ever Having Been A Jehovah's Witness?

That's a self-answering question, min!

Farkel

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not living a somewhat normal life...

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The loss of youth, potential, education and experiences.

They are thieves. Shameless thieves.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

The loss of money. Lending 30 grand to a sister and 6 years later seeing nothing from it. The Elders will not do anything either. I probably lost more in throwing away things the society thought were evil. My Friday the 13th collection many times over. All the Gi Joe toys because it was considered war toys...The 18 inch Alien figure. I could go on and on. Those things are worth SO much on Ebay right now.

I hate them so much for warping my mind.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

The loss of money. Lending 30 grand to a sister and 6 years later seeing nothing from it. The Elders will not do anything either. I probably lost more in throwing away things the society thought were evil. My Friday the 13th collection many times over. All the Gi Joe toys because it was considered war toys...The 18 inch Alien figure. I could go on and on. Those things are worth SO much on Ebay right now.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Botzwana, you have a pm

• agonus
    agonus

Well, losing my soul kinda sucked, but I'm working on growing a new one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit