What's The Worst Thing About Ever Having Been A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, it's the waste of precious time and being lied to.

Stupid time consuming things to do that are utterly worthless! And on top of that being told that you were going to live forever on paradise if you followed their decrees.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Not being allowed to watch the original Star Trek series.

(Our Mom thought we'd get too horny seeing those mini-skirts. She was right, but still.)

om

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Being abused by my P.O. when I was seven causing years of depression and PTSD. Other than that not much. Totally ADD

• LV101
    LV101

for an opener --- being too stupid not to trust my own perceptions. i had decided i didn't trust the religion but then caved!!! STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES. i wasn't good at accepting reality. i immediately saw the hypocrisy and evil so there's no excuse. i went along with the same status quo of an evil bio-family -- same thing!!!

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Being born in. As a witless, never having a personal relationship with Jesus. Having a one sided jaded view on people and life. Judgemental and critical. In the words of JFR ' I made an ass of myself '. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Missing having birthday parties and other fun stuff for my kids when they were growing up.

• Roski
    Roski

Feeling guilty when I had my first child and stopped special pioneering, knowing that the 'end' was so near.

And - the continued heaping on of that guilt over the years by being told you need to do more because the 'end' is so near.

I really regret the quality time not spent with my kids. I'm not sure if I have this out of perspective now that time has gone,

but the regret is still there anyway.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Missing seein their happy smiling faces on Christmas morning - all that quality time with non-JW relatives missed

• sizemik
    sizemik

Having to live with myself as being a gullible idiot . . . nobody respects a gullible idiot . . . including me. I have no self respect.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Having to give talks when I was only 9 from the platform in a salesman's outfit, and then getting a bollockin for not passing my work on point from my dad ! Can you relate to this ?

HHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit