Japanese dolphin slaughter..........

by watersprout 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

THIS IS SICK! i've seen a bit of this before online and i couldn't take it. EVIL, SICK, MANKIND!

• flipper
    flipper

Absolutely disgusting human beings. If you can even call them that. As a dolphin myself if I was over there right now I'd cram a pointed metal rod up every one of those guys a$$ & watch them bleed in the ocean. See if they like how THAT feels. Bastards

• unshackled
    unshackled

But what is the difference between dolphins and let's say...... cows?

The difference in this case is that cows (or chickens) are farmed specifically for mass slaughter. Dolphins, in the wild, are not. Their populations are getting desolated, as are whales.

• kazar
    kazar

It makes me ill to know this kind of thing goes on.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

hmmm. And the Japanese have the audacity to refer to Westerners as "barbarians".

• watersprout
    watersprout
    THIS IS SICK! i've seen a bit of this before online and i couldn't take it. EVIL, SICK, MANKIND!

There is soo much more that goes on and we know nothing about... It's really scary! Mankind ASSUME they are the most intelligent, but ARE THEY?? Perhaps it takes intelligence to be some cruel... Who knows!

I'd cram a pointed metal rod up every one of those guys a$$ & watch them bleed in the ocean. See if they like how THAT feels. Bastards.

We watched ''The Cove'' last night and Carrot was soo angry last night he was jumping about in the lounge and saying what he wanted to do to those evil men.... It was along the same line as you Flipper!

Their populations are getting desolated, as are whales.

The Oceans are virtually empty... A few years back, the oceans were full of life, now it's more of a graveyard.

It makes me ill to know this kind of thing goes on.

When I watched it I felt sick and I shock.... And yet there is NOTHING anyone can do to stop it. There are people working with the goverment to stop this, you have activists secretly filming footage so the world knows what is happening. But will it ever stop? I hope so.

hmmm. And the Japanese have the audacity to refer to Westerners as "barbarians".

I think that in all cultures there are ''barbarians''... Just when one country calls another ''barbarians'' it's a case of pot kettle black.

Peace

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is strange that the Japanese could do this while they also claim to be master guardians of ecology -

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I watched the dolphin video yesterday. I totally disturbed me. I can't help but thinking about it. It is so barbaric. I had heard that this happened, but I have not taken the time to educate myself about it.

I have not watched The Cove. It will take me some time before I can handle it.

I posted the "God of Abraham" video to illustrate how humans have a disturbing, violent streak, use religion to justify it; and certain animals (like dolphins) show sensitivity to us despite our being assholes to them. The Abraham video is a thought proviking and beautiful, and is meant to be a comfort, after the cutting dolphin video.

I found a website http://www.savejapandolphins.org/ There is a petition to sign and it tells about it, and how aquariums and amusement parks help these fisherman. Apparently, the fishermen pick the best looking dolphins and sell them to the shows at $150,000 a piece, then they kill the rest of the dolphins to sell as "whale meat" for about $600 each. Unfortunately, dolphin meat is full of mercury (unlike whale meat) and the Japanese government is in on the scam. Each year, the Japanese government allows the killing of 25,000 dolphins, and the meat to be labeled as whale meat! Some people will defend that this is the Japanese culture, but it's only the culture since hunting whales was outlawed in the 19th century. There is so much information on this website, and it's worth a read whatever your viewpoint.

Last night, I had a veggie burger. This morning, a bagel with cream cheese. For right now, seeing that video has made me not want to eat any mammel or bird, especially. Don't know how long it will last.

So, now I'm a Republican .... who is an agnostic Buddhist, owns a juicer, and is now (at least right now) a vegan. People evolve.

Peace,
    Skeeter

• watersprout
    watersprout
    It is strange that the Japanese could do this while they also claim to be master guardians of ecology -

All humans are strange beings! Anyone that can condone or inflict pain on another human or beast is disgusting!

Last night, I had a veggie burger.

Keep it up, you will start to feel fantastic. Plus each vegan (takes nothing from an animal. Meat, dairy, geletin, leather, wool, honey, fur. Or uses any products used in vivesection) saves 95 animals a year!

I did really enjoy that video and I did get the message it was saying. People blame soo much evil on God/religion and really the evil lies within! Unless it's religion then that's just evil! If people accepted that humans are the ones destroying this planet and all the beautiful creatures on it, perhaps we could repair some of this damage... We went to a dog santuary today to have a look at the dogs and cats... There were some beautiful dogs in there, soo loving and just wanted a hug. These dog's had been abandoned and hurt and YET they STILL wanted a human to love them! We should all take note of the unconditional love these animals have and try it on each other and the animals humans so desperately want to wipe off this earth. Or use for their own selfish desires!

I was watching a vid of a protest outside ''Cheale meat abbatoir'' this afternoon and the police moved the peaceful protesters away so the lorrys carrying the pigs could get through. As the one lorry took the pigs to their deaths I started to cry. There was a pig sticking her snoat out and her eyes said it all. I have seen happy pigs and this pig was soo distressed... Then footage was shown of the torture that goes on inside.... I had to turn it off as it was soo distressing... What I saw has gone deep within and something I will NEVER forget.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit