Japanese dolphin slaughter..........

by watersprout 18 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

The Japanese dolphin slaughter commenced on the 7th of September and will continue through to March of next year. Thousands upon thousands of dolphins/whales will lose their lives. Those that do survive will be sent to places like seaworld where they will be forced to perform for us humans.

This video is very upsetting.... Makes you realize how truly evil members of the human race are.... I wouldn't suggest watching if you are weak stomached.

Just wanted to share as many people don't realize that this goes on. I think the video explains all........

Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pPZlA2c1HQ

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The below video has a beautiful message, and it shows a dolphin. Though the Japanese are not descended from Abraham....so it doesn't apply necessarily to the Japanese treatment of dolphins, but it contains a powerful statement about social, intelligent animals. Dolphins are notorious for saving swimmers. How can we kill them?

QualiaSoup QualiaSoup's Channel Subscribe

AllUploadsFavorites
    Info
    Favorite
    Flag

Like Through These Godless Eyes. From: philhellenes | Aug 12, 2011 | 35,429 views All the religions on Earth could be 100% wrong and there could still be a Purpose, a Reason, a Creator (or, perhaps more likely, creators). As an atheist I doubt it, but I don't object to THAT belief.

We'll never learn how to solve the problem of "too many apes and not enough bananas" while God commands

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Maybe this is what brought them the tsunami.

• Diest
    Diest

Well the irony is all the dolphin meat eaters will die of mercury poisoning....

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You can call me cold hearted if you want.

But what is the difference between dolphins and let's say...... cows? Or mammals and insects? Does the value of an animal's life get higher because of their cuteness?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Tell me you're being sarcastic.

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

I cant watch it, but I appreciate you bringing attention to this.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Tell me you're being sarcastic.

Yes I was, and I apologize to the Japanese people for the comment. Cruelty to animals makes me nuts.

Check out meat.org. After I saw the video on the home page I stopped eating beef lamb and pork.... and I'm working on giving up poultry too.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Dolphins are notorious for saving swimmers. How can we kill them?

I think you have to be a certain kind of person to inflict suffering on a senitient being. I want to watch that vid but i'm just flapping about getting Babysprouts stuff ready for brownie camp. Forgot and only remebered last night! Whoops!!!!

I know what you mean, sometimes our emotions get the better of us and I know you didn't mean that comment... Natural disasters are natures evil!

Well the irony is all the dolphin meat eaters will die of mercury poisoning....

The scary thing is most people don't know they are eating dolphin. They think it's whale (yeah cause that makes it ok). It's given to kids and it's slowly killing them....

But what is the difference between dolphins and let's say...... cows? Or mammals and insects? Does the value of an animal's life get higher because of their cuteness?

I want to come back and answer your question. Just a quick stop by. Will be back later. All I will say is that I HATE any cruelty inflicted on a sentinent being. I am Vegan so my whole life is focused around the welfare and care of animals. I have even fallen over so as not to step on an ant. This cruelty is just beyond a shadow of a doubt disgusting!

Emerged it is a nasty video, but i'm glad I watched it. Probably have nightmares for the next week though!

Peace and I will be back.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Skeeter thank you soo much for posting that video... The animal footage was lovely! The Dolphin blowing bubbles was in the film called ''the cove'', that is about an animal activist who got the footage of the dolphin slaughter... Very interesting message, agreed with some and disagreed with a fair bit. I enjoyed it thank you.

But what is the difference between dolphins and let's say...... cows?

There is no difference... ANY sentient being that is killed distresses me, be it for food or fun. Survival is a completely different situation.

Or mammals and insects?

They are all living breathing things and I do not believe they should die to satisfy us humans. I go on spider hunting missions when I go to my sisters as she will kill them if she comes across them (crippling phobia over them).

Does the value of an animal's life get higher because of their cuteness?

No I don't believe so... Many of the activists are either veggie or vegan... We have petions going on in the UK over the abuse and torture that goes on in meat farms and the slaughterhouses... It doesn't matter how cute an animal is, it's still an animal and does NOT deserve to die. Just because there are some cute people and some very ugly people, would it be ok to kill the ugly people?? No of course it wouldn't... It's still a human being regardless of looks... Same principle with animals... The horrors that go on at meat farms and abbatoirs would turn a hardened meat eater off their bacon sandwich... Unless of course that person has a concrete heart...... The problem is people would rather not know where their meat has come from, be ''ignorant'' if you like... That's much easier to do when you don't know the horrors and can pretend the animal had a happy life and was slaughtered while feeling no pain...

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit