Watchtower admits Bible Teaches Trinity & hellfire!

by williamhconley 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maksym
    maksym

Farkel,

May God grant you healing and peace from the suffering you have endured from the Watchtower Corporation

I will pray for you

Maksym

• irondork
    irondork

William, I looked up the article you referenced on the CD and found this at the end of the paragraph cited:

and some have even returned to celebrating Christendom’s festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25!

Really? Some reverted that far back and took up celebrating the festival of Saturnalia (of 217 BC) in honor of the planet Saturn? That's extraordinary! Who knew?
  • WontLeave
    WontLeave

InterestedOne is right. The mainstream church teachings are so engrained in Western culture, they are impossible to avoid. Just telling a joke

So, this guy dies; he's standing at the pearly gates and St Peter says...

or watching a cartoon cat dying and floating to Heaven, playing a harp betrays how these beliefs are taken for granted. Just like JWs are told so often about a "Governing Body", they can actually read the Bible and come away with that; many mainstream churches come away from the Bible with Hellfire. Putting aside preconceptions and allowing God's Word to speak for itself requires effort the vast majority refuse to extend. An overwhelming percentage of churchgoers admit they've never read the Bible and JWs are no different. Most people read the "proof texts" their church tells them to and that's it. Once our minds are colored with those beliefs, it takes a conscious effort on our part to separate what the Bible says from what we've been told it says. I've watched many people - JW and non-JW - look right at a scripture and see something totally different than what it says, then fight tooth-and-nail over their faulty understanding, because their interpretation fits their belief while the text doesn't.

To the cognitive dissonance we must also add functional illiteracy. Many, many JWs and other churchgoers have very poor reading comprehension. Their grasp of the meaning of what they read is so tenuous, they butcher sentences they read, rearrange the words in their minds, and cobble together a total abomination of the text to fit what they think it's supposed to say. It's like rollerskating uphill, trying to reason with most religious people, because so incredibly many of them are astoundingly stupid. It's unfortunate, but many use religion as an excuse to take the easy way out of learning anything. Studying Evolution and theoretical physics with the goal of understanding them enough to make an educated and intelligent choice whether to adopt them is hard. Simply adopting the theory

A man in the sky made everything and I don't need to know anything else

is much easier; so the militantly ignorant and woefully stupid tend to gravitate to religion, where they can just believe what they're told. Don't get me wrong; there are plenty of stupid atheists, but stupid people are hyper-represented in religion and - in all honesty - they can't be trusted to understand what they read without reverting to what they're told to think it says.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

According to the Watchtower, critical thinking is Satanic and will get you killed at Armageddon:

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude..."

No one can interpret the Bible, which includes distinguishing "symbolic" from "literal", except for them.... but their central line of reasoning revolves around a talking snake.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome back farkel.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Yeah I have read that before ... so Am I a copy-Satan for believing what God, the prophets, the law, the psalms, the apostles say about Jesus being the only Mediator for me not the Watchtower CROOKPORATION? Am I a copy-Satan for following God's commandment to read and meditate the Holy Scriptures daily and teach them to my children who in turn will teach them their children for generations?

Satan was a murderer since the beginning and the father of lies ... JWs are murderers in Jesus' book, they salivate at the THOUGHT of billions of people being killed in their "armageddon" - they rejoice with Satan in the destruction of GOD's own creation. God's will is that NO ONE perishes ... JW's will is for everyone to perish soon, yesterday if possible. Do I need to talk about their lies ????? No? I thougth so. Thanks.

• Billen76
    Billen76

We all have a big bunch of "silent knowledge" (prelearned experience) that we draw from, when interpretating the world around us. That is why controlling the language is so important. We also draw on "silent knowledge" when interpretating words and terms.

Ex. changing a known word to avoid activating peoples "silent knowledge":
    koiné, "charis" - english, grace - watchtowerish, undeserved kindness

Ex. remoduling "silent knowledge" connected to words:
    The Truth - english, factual - biblish, Jesus - watchtowerish, the organisation

This does that watchtower indoctrinated people can use the same fraze's and terms as "outsiders", but mean the (sometimes) totally opposite.

• erbie
    erbie

Well in truth, the bible does teach hell fire and the trinity. Not that I believe in it mind you but like it or not, that's what it teaches.

Even the NWT says that people will be tormented day and night forever and ever. I know the WT spin on this but if you let the bible speak for itself (something the WT don't like to do), it is obvious to anyone that you cannot be tormented unless you are concious.

Obviously this brings to the fore the question of the immortal soul. Do not the GB believe that they have an immortal soul and are going to heaven? I know they argue about the nature of what constitutes 'immortal' but it's not rocket science.

Also, the old testement makes it clear that there is but one true God and all other gods are false. Well then, in view of that, if we understand John 1:1 as the WT want us to-that Jesus is a lesser god in some way then, heaven forbid, that would make Jesus merely a false god.

The bible also refers to the Holy Spirit as He, Him.

Anyone who reads the bible (even the NWT), without the WT leaning on them will come to see what it really teaches.

Honestly, it's a rats nest, it really is. How do they get away with it?

I know I'm quite new to this site and am probably quite annoying but honestly, it makes my mind hurt to think how they have stolen so many peoples lives. And what makes them think they have the right to do that?

I'd like to see their downfall, I really would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit