Watchtower admits Bible Teaches Trinity & hellfire!

by williamhconley 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The Wathtower admits that by reading the Bible alone without their help, people will believe in the trinity, hellfire, visible return of christ, heavenly hope for all christians etc etc.

Here's the quote:

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude... They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..." (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1981, p. 29).

Why would people revert back to christendoms doctrines unless the Bible ACTUALLY teaches them!

William H. Conley

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What does that tell you about JW teachings? They are clearly wrong if with basic Bible reading you find them wrong, then clearly they are not right.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting paragraph. Comical really.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

You WILL only follow our interpretation

• bob1999
    bob1999

That quote is almost exactly what Charles Taze Russell said almost 100 year before.

He believed that the bible could not be understood from the 2nd century (or so) on until He was given understanding that no other man had.

This is very similar to what the WTS believes today.

The funny part is, they can't seem to figure out WHAT they believe.

Just consider all the doctrinal changes the WTS has been through in the last 100 years. (or 16 years for that matter)

It's very clear that none of them have been given special understanding above that of the common man reading the bible.

Peace

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

That quote is comical. However, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I figured they were implying that the doctrines of trinity, hellfire, etc. are so ingrained in our culture that if you just read the Bible on your own, you will read these doctrines into the text because you have heard them all your life. Therefore, they reason that you need the guidance of the supposedly unbiased "Bible Students" who will help you to shed your preconceptions. Not that I think they are unbiased, but I think they are trying to give that impression.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You are an idiot.

Farkel

• Band on the Run
  • Spectre
    Spectre

"apostate doctrines"....Hahaha!!!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Farkel - If you were referring to me, I agree. I am an idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit