"LOOK! Here is the Christ." Don't believe it people!

by TimothyT 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Snap too because my dad bought one for me! I prefer the NLT though!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, we finally found something that the Watchtower got absolutely right.....

...Christs' presence really is invisible. It comes from inside human beings who follow his teachings and will bring about the desired changes that are attributed to Jesus of Nazareth coming back to fix everything for us.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Timmy,

Seems like you are on the right path :)

Here's another

Acts 1:9-11

English Standard Version (ESV)

9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, twomen stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

And another

Revelation 1:7-8

7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail [ a ] on account of him. Even so. Amen.

8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Footnotes:
    1. Revelation 1:7 Or mourn

Here's another thing.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

The Man of Lawlessness
    1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, [ a ] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness [ b ] is revealed, the son of destruction, [ c ] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

Footnotes:
    1. 2 Thessalonians 2:1 Or brothers and sisters; also verses 13, 15
    2. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Some manuscripts sin
    3. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Greek the son of perdition (a Hebrew idiom)

Have a read of John 14 when you get a chance.

Avoid the NWT like the plague and let the Spirit be your guide. Plenty of good versions here http://www.biblegateway.com/

Every blessing in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour!

Stephen

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I think that it can be a mistake to get so hung up on what Jesus "really said". These quotes from Jesus were written decades after he lived, and they were written in a different language than the language he actually spoke. Honest question, do you think that these quotes in the Gospels are word for word exactly what Jesus said? I do think it's really a good idea to compare what Jesus taught in comparison to Paul. Side by side comparison, will show how different their worldview was. Should a Christian follow the teachings of Christ or Paul? Could Jesus's warnings about being misled be applied to Paul, why not. He came after Jesus and claimed he was somehow "channeling" Jesus. Isn't that exactly what the Governing Body claims?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In Brooklyn, it's all about picking and choosing texts to support their teachings. Then ignore everything else like context and facts.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Resistance:

What you are saying makes sense, however I think for the purpose of this exercise what Timothy is doing is valid simply because the WTS claims the Bible to be inerrent and infallible. Timothy has already pointed out that his NWT reads the same in the scriptures he's looked at so it is not a question of translation.

In other words, Timothy is using the same "measuring stick" that the WT is suppose to use and is measuring them with it. The accuracy of that measuring stick is a different issue.

• Jackals
    Jackals

Yeah, i totaly agree with you both, well all of you.

I was thinking about Paul and what he wrote. He claimed that he was Gods spokesman, and maybe he really was. I realy dont know. I think the best thing i can do, is give him a chance by reading his messages, just like i did with the WTS. If it fits with Jesus then great, if its BS like the WTS then i can just discard it and read stuff which is more useful for Christians.

Its good fun though i think. Study is so enjoyable.

Timmy xxx

• Jackals
    Jackals

Damn, im at Jack's and i forgot to sign in as myself.

Timmy xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit