"LOOK! Here is the Christ." Don't believe it people!

by TimothyT 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

In my research of the gospels, im trying to prove to myself what the acceptable and perfect will of God is. As its becoming clearer and clearer, I cant help but notice how wrong the JWs are. Why couldnt i see these things in the past? Take a look at this scripture from Matthew 24:

23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. (Matthew 24:23-27)

Have the WTS said that Jesus is here? I think they have.

I do not understand whatsoever how they can claim that Jesus second coming has already begun, and how for some reason it has been here for almost 100 years now. Not exactly a flash of lightning is it? All i can conclude is that they have ONCE AGAIN, taken MANY verses from Matthew 24, ie, the signs of the times, and the dreaded FDS verse, and have twisted them to say what they want. Not only that, its clear that the scripture quoted above would smash their claims to pieces, hence why you hardly see it and its explanation, or any of its cross-references used in any of the Watchtower literature. Have a look for yourselves.

Timmy xxx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tim - When I first broke free from the 'mind cleansing' I was much like you in refuting the WBT$ using the very book, the Bible, they claim God gave soley to the GB.

Now, however, I'm settled in a loving Baptist church and all that zeal has given way to a calm acceptance that they really are SO wrong on SO many levels.

I wrote down reams of scriptures that said opposite to the WBT$.

This is one of my faves because 'Christ' = Anointed.

Mt 24:4-5 (NKJ) And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' (OR ANOINTED) and will deceive many."

Q. Who claims to be 'anointed' and wanting you to follow them?

A. The 7 headed paedo protecting beast of Brooklyn is who!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Interesting you should bring this up today, as I just read this last night.....

http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/arts/EsotericCharacterOfTheGospels.htm

Many and many a time the warning about the "false Christs" and prophets who shall lead people astray has been interpreted by charitable Christians, the worshippers of the dead-letter of their scripture, as applying to mystics generally, and Theosophists most especially. The recent work by Mr. Pember, "Earth's Earliest Ages," is a proof of it. Nevertheless, it seems very evident that the words in Matthew's Gospel and others can hardly apply to Theosophists. For these were never found saying that Christ is "Here" or "There," in wilderness or city, and least of all in the "inner chamber" behind the altar of any modern church. Whether Heathen or Christian by birth, they refuse to materialise and thus degrade that which is the purest and grandest ideal--the symbol of symbols--namely, the immortal Divine Spirit in man, whether it be called Horus, Krishna, Buddha, or Christ. None of them has ever yet said: "I am the Christ"; for those born in the West feel themselves, so far, only Chréstians, 7 however much they may strive to become Christians in Spirit. It is to those, who in their great conceit and pride refuse to win the right of such appellation by first leading the life of Chrestos; 8 to those who haughtily proclaim themselves Christians (the glorified, the anointed) by sole virtue of baptism when but a few days old--that the above-quoted words of Jesus apply most forcibly. Can the prophetic insight of him who uttered this remarkable warning be doubted by any one who sees the numerous "false prophets" and pseudo-apostles (of Christ), nowroaming over the world? These have split the one divine Truth into fragments, and broken, in the camp of the Protestants alone, the rock of the Eternal Verity into three hundred and fifty odd pieces, which now represent the bulk of their Dissenting sects. Accepting the number in round figures as 350, and admitting, for argument's sake, that, at least, one of these may have the approximate truth, still 349 must be necessarily false. 9 Each of these claims to have Christ exclusively in its "inner chamber," and denies him to all others, while, in truth, the great majority of their respective followers daily put Christ to death on the cruciform tree of matter--the "tree of infamy" of the old Romans--indeed!

The worship of the dead-letter in the Bible is but one more form of idolatry,nothing better. A fundamental dogma of faith cannot exist under a double-faced Janus form. "Justification" by Christ cannot be achieved at one's choice and fancy, either by "faith" or by "works" and James, therefore (ii., 25), contradicting Paul (Heb. xi., 31), and vice versa, 10 one of them must be wrong. Hence, the Bible is not the "Word of God," but contains at best the words of fallible men and imperfect teachers. Yet read esoterically,it does contain, if not the whole truth, still, "nothing but the truth,"under whatever allegorical garb. Only: Quot homines tot sententiœ.

The "Christ principle," the awakened and glorified Spirit of Truth, being universal and eternal, the true Christos cannot be monopolized by any one person, even though that person has chosen to arrogate to himself the title of the "Vicar of Christ," or of the "Head" of that or another State-religion. The spirits of "Chrest" and "Christ" cannot be confined to any creed or sect, only because that sect chooses to exalt itself above the heads of all other religions or sects. The name has been used in a manner so intolerant and dogmatic, especially in our day, that Christianity is now the religion of arrogance par excellence,a stepping-stone for ambition, a sinecure for wealth, sham and power; a convenient screen for hypocrisy. The noble epithet of old, the one that made Justin Martyr say that "from the mere name,which is imputed to us as a crime, we are the mostexcellent," 11 is now degraded. The missionary prides himself with the so-called conversion of a heathen, who makes of Christianity ever a profession,but rarely a religion, a source of income from the missionary fund, and a pretext, since the blood of Jesus has washed them all by anticipation, for every petty crime, from drunkenness and lying up to theft. That same missionary, however, would not hesitate to publicly condemn the greatest saint to eternal perdition and hell fires if that holy man has only neglected to pass through the fruitless and meaningless form of baptism by water with accompaniment of lip prayers and vain ritualism.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

How very interesting and also very true.

I have never considered the concept that some Christian groups or sects, like to take Jesus for themselves and say that he belongs to them exclusively. Im sure Jesus looks at such ones and pities them for how daft they are being. Many other interesting points in there, specificaly how Christianity has become the religion of arrogance - something that im certain Jesus didnt want. This is one reason why iv been reading the gospels because i want to know WHAT JESUS TAUGHT AND WHAT HE WANTED! Thanks Prodigal son for the article.

Its clear that the JWs are just as bad as anyone else who claims they KNOW IT ALL! Those who humble themselves are the ones that i will give a listening ear to in terms of religion. Punky, I think i will look into the baptists, but i have decided that i wont join a religion again because i think it generaly always ends badly, with some idiot in charge pulling the strings, making money and exerting too much power over peoples lives - something which just ISNT Christianity.

Timmy xxx

• sizemik
    sizemik

Keep reviewing the scriptures in this way Timmy . . . as Unky said you'll astound yourself with how remote from the spirit of Christ they really are. With me it increased the pain of deception even more for a while . . . why didn't I see this before! . . . time and time again.

I've labelled them the anti-christ on this board more than once . . . it's not out of anger or to insult . . . it's simply a fact.

Here's a quote from a non-Christian you may enjoy . . .

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
    Albert Einstein

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I agree with you Sizemilk!

Its fabulous what im learning! I KNOW... Ill write a book called: What does the bible really teach!

Oh wait a second...

• Bella15
    Bella15

I am very happy for you Timothy because what you're doing will cleanse your soul faster than any counseling sessions would (although very good to open your eyes but yours eyes are being opened already). I went through the same, at the time I had bought another bible with Jesus' words iin red because I only wanted to know what Jesus' said according to the writers and apostles. Sometimes I read things that made me go to the New World translation to make sure it was there, it was like reading stuff for the first time in my life. I literally felt like I had cataracts or something in my eyes before and I felt it coming off. I felt like my brain was being cleaned of spiderwebs, but there was something spiritually going on in me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tim - the UK Baptists are so unconditional and accepting. I don't however, consider myself a 'Baptist' because I've had a gut full of 'organized' religion.

At times I feel I'm probably an atheist, agnostic but at the heart of it I get a real buzz from Sunday worship unlike anything I felt at the kingdum hell. Perhaps worship is my addiction!?!?!

I have also been to another church and enjoyed it....it is so totally DIFFERENT from what the WBT$ says it is. They lied to trap us in their cult!

Peace.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I had bought another bible with Jesus' words iin red because I only wanted to know what Jesus' said . . . Bella15

SNAP! . . . I got one of those too . . . the New International Version I think. I used to refer to it as "spending time in the red"

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi Bella,

Oh i totaly agree! Im the same. I have the New Living Translation and i love it because its SOOOO easy to understand. When i read it, i see something and go back to the NWT! ITS IN THERE TOO! I also ask myself why i never saw it before. Somethings are so clear. Of course if you show such scrips to JWs they deny them and say that the GB is the ultimate authority. I had it even when i was in. I NEVER just blindly listened to what i was told. Id often pull up Vines, Barnes and Strongs to see what they felt about the scriptures. As scholars, historians, and linguists i think they have at least some authority on what the bible is talking about, as opposed to 7 men who sit in an office and just choose what they want us to believe. I read in COC that actualy when he was on the GB they knew very little about the bible, and those men LED us! WHATTTTTTTTTT!!!! Of course the majority of JWs would rather listen to 7 guys who know little than listen to the experts. Whatever!

Hi Punk,

Cheers, i like the sound of them very much. I cant wait to give them a shot too. :D When i do, ill let you know how it went. Im quite excited now actualy. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit