"That's what Armageddon will look like."

by AllTimeJeff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've said that a few times to my parents when there are disasters on TV with tsunamis, tornadoes, terrorist attacks, etc. They get glazed expressions as they realize that their future happiness hinges of the death and destruction of billions of innocent victims.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    They get glazed expressions as they realize that their future happiness hinges of the death and destruction of billions of innocent victims.

When you put it like that, it's very selfish isn't it?

Billions of deaths in exchange for a pet lion...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just want to add my "hear hear" to the comments that JW's are trained to view tragedies as events to be happy about. "Keep in expectation..."

When you have been lied to and disappointed so much as the rank and file of JW's have, it's little wonder that they get all excited about tragedy. Anything remotely resembling the great tribulation "validates" all they have invested in the bullshit of the Governing Body.

• agonus
    agonus

I was almost completely mentally out of "The Truth" when 9/11 happened. I do remember thinking for the briefest of moments, "Oh my God. Could this really be Armageddon?"

It wasn't, of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit