Does anyone know what the Watchtower's corporate ladder would be like?

by dgp 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

dgp, Martin Poetzinger was in the Concentration Camp for years. He was on the GB. He is now deceased. You will not see alot of Brother Faisals on the GB.

• Iamallcool
  • discreetslave
    discreetslave

@ Fatfreek that picture is awesome PMSL I really needed a laugh thanks

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Mad Sweeney wrote a post and article on this very subject...

http://ex-jw.com/watchtowers-pecking-order

JV

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I think it is possible to go until at branch level. Higher up you need to be American. It's not a written rule, but I suppose it's a silent rule. And even if you go higher, you will not wield real power if you are not American (US citizen). But in order to go to branch level and to be on top of it, you need several things: to be young, zealous, smart and ruthless and to be willing to kiss ass. Your advancement will be much quicker if you are single and if you donate a large sum of money (you know, larger than the box at the KH can contain) or a nice piece of land (large enough...let's say...to build a congress hall on it and inside the city perimeter) to the organization. This way you prove that you are "spiritually mature". If you give both land and money, you need less than 15 years of branch service until you go to the top.

• sir82
    sir82
    In 10 yrs you may get bethel elder status.

Just a point of clarification, the designation "Bethel elder" was eliminated about 6 or 7 years ago.

• dgp
    dgp

Thanks to all for posting.

Just as a comment: When Napoleon invaded Spain and Portugal, the king of Portugal took his court to Rio de Janeiro and continued to rule his overseas empire from there. During that time, Brazilians got used to being the center of the empire. They were certainly the largest and most prosperous part of it. When Napoleon left, the king of Portugal decided to go back to Lisbon, and had the curious idea of trying to get Brazilians to get used to their old status as one colony among others. It didn't work out, and Brazil eventually came to declare its independence, with no other but the king's own son as "emperor".

The problem was that the king of Portugal couldn't understand that his empire was the sum of the many parts. In his mind, Portugal was the head, and all others the subordinates. If only he had been smarter, his own power would have grown.

I think the WT has the same view of itself. It sees itself as an American institution. I sincerely hope they never realize that such a time is already a thing of the past.

I understand that Julius Caesar and Alexander did understand that their respective empires were the sum of many peoples and traditions, but their old guards, those that originally made them great, refused to be one among equals with those they saw as barbarians. I have the feeling that this will happen as well with the WT.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    It seems that it is basically an American religion that spread. Only English speaking witnesses are allowed, it seems, to climb the corporate ladder.

journey-on, that is a logical kick to the groin right there. well done.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Is being present at Bethel essential? As a factory worker or a more "refined" position, such as writing? I would think they would want a mix of people. Gileadites, factory people. The WTBTs is far too large now for only devotion to work. My Bethel father and uncles went nowhere. They even kept the fact that they have served large chunks of time a secret from their local congregation.

Our overseer announced he was "annointed remnant" when only very, very old people were. It was a shock. My reaction was that a narcissit go-getter would toot his own horn, while a meeker truer Christian would be used.

How far up in the Governing Body must you be before you start suggestions for refining policies?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

This is my very unofficial interpretation of the WTS hierarchy:

http://www.jwstudies.com/org_chart.pdf

Do not ignore the fact that they have a Religious Order akin to that of the RC Church. Each member of the WTS Religious Order signs a vow of Obedience and Poverty.

The WTS has used the existence of this Religious Order successfully when arguing cases in courts of law. For further information, see page 5 and 6 of my Study:

http://www.jwstudies.com/FDS_and_its_GB.pdf

I notice that a copy of the vow signed by each member of the Watchtower's Religious Order is shown at:

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/03/vow-of-obedience.html

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit