Does anyone know what the Watchtower's corporate ladder would be like?

by dgp 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

I was wondering if anyone knows how a brother would make his way up to the Governing Body. In my (worldly) opinion, there has to be something like a corporate ladder to climb. Does anyone know what the "procedure" would be?

Also, would it be technically possible for "anyone" to climb to the top. I don't think they could claim that only the anointed could make it, since we know that some of them are already not of the anointed. Would, say, Brother Faisal, who endures every possible kind of persecution in Indonesia, really be able to lead the Watchtower someday?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ GB is Up Here..

Everyone else is Down Here..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you have to kiss alot of asses to climb on the watchtower ladder.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's fairly easy but you have to be able to put up with the boredom of their existence and you would also have to cut out your conscience and sear it very well to be able to ignore abuse, disfellowship victims, exhonerate perpetrators, let your children die and treat women like shit.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Most of the governing body members were Circuit Overseers. Only very few C.O.s got selected as GB members.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Hope this answers your question.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/215401/1/School-for-Congregation-Elders -This shows a hierarchy that is taught. And this might help too.. 'Its membership is unelected; existing members invite new members to join the body. [ 14 ] Franz, Raymond (2007). In Search of Christian Freedom . Commentary Press. pp. 123. ISBN 0-914675-17-6 .' http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Would, say, Brother Faisal, who endures every possible kind of persecution in Indonesia, really be able to lead the Watchtower someday?
    Of course not.....LOL! It seems that it is basically an American religion that spread. Only English speaking witnesses are allowed, it seems, to climb the corporate ladder.
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Sometimes, corporate ladders get a bit messy. Kinda like this:

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

2 things rise you up the ranks in WT world.

1st as already stated kiss a lot of ass.

2nd and my fellow former bethelites can attest its about waiting and bidding your time.

at bethel you come in bide your time and in 5 yrs you may be appointede elder. In 10 yrs you may get bethel elder status. 15 years and you could be department or floor overseer (and a table foot at morning worship.) 20 yrs you could be sent out as a bethel speaker. 25+ is when the real perks start kicking in.

Can you see how such a caste type system can stifle all creativity, ass you are molded into a society minion bereft of all persona?

• dgp
    dgp

Well, I like the illustration .

So the pecking order is as follows:

GOVERNING BODY!!!

F & DS (my emphasis: false and deceitful simpletons)

LEGAL ENTITIES

BRANCH

DISTRICT

CIRCUIT

SENIOR BETHELITES

COBE

ELDERS ON SERVICE COMMITTEE

ELDERS

JUNIOR BETHELITES

SPECIAL PIONEERS

MINI SERVS

REGULAR PIONEERS

AUXILARY PIONEERS

PUBLISHERS

DEAD DOGS

PUBLISHERS WHO NEED HELP

SINGLE SISTERS

NEW ANNOINTED NOT ON GB

The link to the Wikipedia says that

The Governing Body continues to directly appoint branch office committee members and traveling overseers, [62] and only such direct appointees are described as "representatives of the Governing Body." [63] [64]

I kind of suspect that these are the guys who really matter from an organizational point of view. These are the belts that transmit orders and make sure they are enforced.

In my experience, in all organizations there is a formal organization chart, and a real one. In the real one, for example, I assume that a circuit overseer in, say, Brazil, is actually more important than the Branch Officer in, say, Iceland. Whatever their anointed status.

And I see there's a lot of patience involved as well.

As to our imaginary Brother Faisal, this is kind of a tricky thing for the Watchtower. If my understanding is right, most witnesses around the world basically live in three countries: the United States, Mexico and Brazil. I would expect the Brazilian and Mexican brothers to have a say in how affairs are conducted. They would sort of claim that, for example, whoever manages the Watchtower in either Mexico City or Sao Paulo (second and third largest cities in the world) has much more real weight than the branch overseers in several European countries. And most of those guys don't speak English either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit