Is your heart sick? Who is to blame?

by wannabefree 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Great post! Jesus said to enter into the kingdom of God one must become like a child.

http://biblos.com/luke/18-17.htm

"Reasonable expectation how long?" For a child. 5 minutes.

From heaven's point of reference I quess 40 years.

But absolute longest? I quess 120 years. Tops.

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Interesting thread thankyou

I have been struggling over recent nontha with my own heart feeling sick due to a circumstance in my relationship with a man I am dating.

When I say my heart has been sick I mean I have literally been ill to the point I was adnitted to emergency last week with a mild stroke.

Its only because of sites that this - that in the past few months I have been able to realize where my pattern of thinking is coming from,

I have realized over the past week or so that my chronic impatience in life stems from the fact that as a child I was repeatedly tod the end was IMMINENENT.

Therefore, all my adult life - if things do not happen immediately I automatically conclude that what I am being told is a lie and I am living in false hope. It has had a terrible impact on my relationships and ability to maintain any kind of routine in my life.

See, my point is that its NOT just the doubts about armageddon we get left with - on a subconscious level many of us are struggling with doubts about ANYTHING that doesnt manifest instantly.

Boy these bastards sure have worked a number on us.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi! I hope you feel better.

Please do not worry, Jesus said not one hair on your head can you change. (Bee4 salon hair color).

One of the worst ways Watchtower worked a number on us, is how to trust people again.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let's not forget "fast-approaching"

*** w84 10/1 p. 13 par. 15 Why We Must Be No Part of This World ***
    "The world," unrighteous human society, is nearing its end in the fast-approaching "great tribulation." (Matthew 24:21) During that period of time every vestige of this world's political, commercial and false religious elements will be destroyed. So how could any true witnesses of Jehovah devote all their time, energy and resources to these elements that shortly will come to nothing?

wannabefree cited it, but I just want to draw attention to this particular phrase too!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It is a typical technique of abusers to injure another and then blame them. They are sick fucks that need to be bitch slapped, hard!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Good one 00DAD, another term used and abused by The Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, Incorporated

Thesauras lists "f ast approaching " as a synonym for "imminent"

Here are just a few of the hundreds of listings in Watchtower Library.

*** w50 3/1 p. 73 par. 15 Uniting Our Praises Universally ***
    15 What was true in the days of the apostles is more true at this time as we see the day of Armageddon's trouble fast approaching.

*** w51 10/15 p. 614 Jehovah's War of Armageddon ***
    The greatest battle of all ages is fast approaching and the opposing forces of wickedness have but a short time to prepare for it.

*** w52 3/15 p. 185 Climax of Clean Worship Assemblies at Washington ***
    All other gods and all their worshipers shall be destroyed forever! That this righteous and happy state of affairs is fast approaching a complete realization is very manifest in the light of recent historical events.

*** w53 1/1 p. 27 "Work the Works of God" ***
    Let us work hard at putting into operation Christian principles while it is yet the day of God's toleration of the wicked, because Armageddon is fast approaching.

They willfully close their ears to the warning message that a climax of judgment is fast approaching when Jesus Christ will be so completely revealed to the world that his presence will be indisputable.

*** w59 3/15 p. 165 par. 1 Keeping Strict Watch on How We Walk ***
    The wicked old world of today is fast approaching its end in the greatest tribulation of all history, because this world has never been in harmony with God's will but is the biggest opposer of it.

*** w69 11/1 p. 668 How to Avoid Regrets ***
    His Word reveals that we are without question fast approaching the end of this entire wicked system of things.

*** w77 4/1 p. 202 par. 2 What is Your Security?-Your Home?-Your Bank Account?-Your Job? ***
    But we are not yet in Jehovah's new order. We still live in this present wicked system of things. And it is fast approaching its end. Its finish will come shortly when it collides head on with God at the coming "great tribulation."

*** w84 10/1 p. 13 par. 15 Why We Must Be No Part of This World ***
    "The world," unrighteous human society, is nearing its end in the fast-approaching "great tribulation."

*** w96 12/15 p. 15 par. 4 Taught to Do Jehovah's Will ***
    they are in line to survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation" and to enjoy everlasting life on a paradise earth.

*** w01 2/1 p. 7 Finding Security in a Risk-Filled World ***
    True wisdom will soon ‘preserve alive its owners' in an unprecedented way-protection through the fast-approaching "great tribulation," when God destroys the wicked.

*** w10 1/15 p. 32 par. 16 Jehovah's Way of Ruling Vindicated! ***
    The time is fast approaching when the issues raised in Eden will be resolved. Hence, now is the time for people to make a decision.

Witnesses are the most patient people in the world. Is it any wonder I had a problem with getting to the meetings early when they totally bastardized the meaning of words that imply urgency?

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Well done wannabefree .

You've proved there's a pattern of deception in the WT org's theology,

and they've been repeatedly lying since before the 1950's .

What this amounts to is the opposite of salvation, a technique used to enslave believers!

First of all hat's a breach of pastoral trust, and more importantly they lead people to an eternal death!

And all for what? Control of their ivory tower and a totally paid living!

The way this GB has done so is through textbook cult manipulation; how evil and pathetic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit