My story .....no friends after leaving the Cult and lost wife?

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The quickest way to make friends imo is to share stressful scenarios with someone. The stress removes many of the social boundaries that get in the way of bonding with strangers. Think how quickly you made friends at school in your first week.

I'd suggest amateur dramatics, adventure holidays, swinging (!), evening college, book clubs, debate societies, political campaigning, charity event fundraising / participation, school boards, volunteer community projects, hiking / outdoor pursuits, sports teams (volleyball is excellent) etc. In short doing something a bit risky , something that gets the pulse racing with other people and you'll make wonderful acquaintances and then from there some true friends.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Witness 007,

My wife and I are in the same boat and it's been 3 years, we still live in the territory, I hardly see them and I go all over town.

We vacationed with some of these people and it all counts for nothing.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If one invested as much time doing an activity with new people as attending all the meetings, service and assemblies did, one would likely have quite a few new friends at the end of a year.

I can't see myself getting all dressed up and sitting through all those meetings again just to be able to visit with a few people afterward. I know that's exactly what many JW's do though. They never talk about anything spiritual or seem to ponder on anything very deeply. It's surprising how little they really know about why they believe what they believe.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Hi Witness 007, I can't judge hearts, but the way I have been treated, there are those that care (minority), those that are doing their job (according to WB&TS fascist doctrines), and witnesses that have been assholes ever since I believed in the "truth", I also know those that were brought up in the truth and never made any progress and known hardly to attend any meetings and zero field service but still believe in it.

I did a big mistake with my work collegues as well, I declined more than once invitations to the pub and christmas parties, the same deal as far back as I can remember I became an outcast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit