25 ATTRIBUTES OF A CULT - How does the WTS rate?

by cantleave 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CAN'T LEAVE:

Yes, I do realize the JWs can isolate themselves in ways other than physically. However, when somebody is geographically isolated, and especially when they leave the country, they are totally vulnerable and cannot receive help or if it does come it may be too late such as what happened with the People's Temple. I am only imagining how much worse it would be if JWs were geographically isolated like those other groups. If you think they are bad now, just imagine the other scenario!

When a group is still technically part of society and "in the neighborhood" they are more subject to being prosecuted or have neighbors and people in the community complain that something wrong or odd is going on, etc. Again, this help may be too little too late, but a heck of a lot better than if the group is out in the desert somewhere or took off to foreign soil where they are more out of the reach of any authorities and more likely to be headed by an extremist or dangerous personality(ies).

• ekruks
    ekruks

Can we get being a Jehovah's Witness to be registered as a mental illness, and have it closed down as a slave racket?

I am serious. Pioneers and Bethelites are slaves. That bit on the Bethel form about willingly going into poverty.... well, willing is a bit irrelevant legally if you were brainwashed, so they need rescuing, and medical help !!

Though, to be honest, I don't think the wealthy that run the country/world, would really be too worried, because Jehovah's Witnesses often don't preach to the rich houses (jealousy, fuel expenses to go that far), and willingly turn down education to be working-class, hence doing jobs the wealthy don't want to do, without protest, without political influence. It's incredible! Often, the wealthy have a difficult political situation because theworking-class is joining trade unions, left-wing parties, etc., and pushing for it's rights, but Jehovah's Witnesses are happy to be poor manual labourers !!

• ekruks
    ekruks

We have to stop this:
    the National Council of Churches concluded that Jehovah's Witnesses "had the largest growth of any single denomination [in America]" with a 4.7% increase in 2009

We can!

• cantleave
    cantleave

So long as there are depressed and disillusioned people, there will be cults who feed on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit