Confusing messages at DC

by Kensho 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Hey Shamus

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wonder if the WTS. will stop this activity when they finally sell all of their big properties in Brooklyn, to the tune of a billion $ US .

They have sold off some their branches in Europe which must have accumulated a few million as well.

The reason why the WTS never does disclose it financial status globally to their members is because it wrought with overwhelming corruption.

Nevertheless you can best be assured that at every Kingdom Hall around the world, when the monthly Hall accounts are being issued

before the congregation, they will say should we give this outstanding balance to Head Quarters and everyone will applaud with approval.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

before the congregation, they will say should we give this outstanding balance to Head Quarters and everyone will applaud with approval.

LOL, thetrueone, you reminded me of when the congregations would pass these kinds of resolutions during the Service Meeting. Every single vote was always 98-0 or 115-0, with no dissenters. Thinking back now, it reminds me of when Saddam Hussein used to brag about his government being democratic because he had a parliament that voted on legislation. It’s quite peculiar that whenever the democracy-loving Saddam put forth a policy, the votes in favor of it were always 250-0.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The credit card machines were set up on tables throuoghout the DC. I sat there picturing myself overturning them. I wonder if they're going to be at the assembly halls also."

That was probably the most truthful statement I've read to date.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Same Old Same Old..

Bring your Wallet..

Leave your Brain at the Door..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I just asked wifey about the CC machines. She confirmed it like it was no big deal. I was about to comment but I just had to stop myself

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Then why the hell is there credit card machines throughout the convention and constant announcements from the platform to make use of them to make DONATIONS during the weekend??????

I remember a blurb that I think was in Watching the World where they discussed how churches were now using credit card machines. It was cast in a negative light. How far we've come!

But I'm sure the R&F are just brimming over with appreciation for such a loving provision!

• Out at Last!
  • Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I remember hearing a talk saying that you should determine how much monthly donation you are going to give to the society, and make that donation at the beginning of the month. If you wait until the end of the month an unexpected expense may come up, or you may miss some time from work; therefore you may not have the money to donate and you will break your vow to jehoober.

So these greedy bastards want you to put in your donation at the beginning of the month so they get their cut, but if your car breaks down, you loose your job & can't pay your rent/ mortgage, get sick & can't work, ect. too bad for you, we got ours. That was one of the many things that showed where their interest truly was, not in your best welfare, but in your bank & saving accounts. From that time on I donated very little or nothing, and hoped that their statement wake up others, but it probably didn't. It is no suprise to me that they have credit card machines everywhere.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thetrueone,

You are absolutely right. They are extorting money from their victims. Make 'em weak and take their money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit