"Do not go beyond the things written"

by hotspur 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Did anyone coming here see that convention drama?

The one where the girl was all excited about getting, you know.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The word that gets an X rating, the one I say only when I'm really angry.

• donny
    donny

They forbid anyone to celebrate certain days as holier than others in violation of Romans 14.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Did you see that convention?

• N.drew
    N.drew

It was the beginning of OUT for me. I looked around and saw that nobody else looked disturbed

like I felt, then Borg started to materialize in my GD head. But someone else thought so too so I

got in trouble.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Now nobody likes me because I watch Star Trek.

• N.drew
    N.drew

But I prefer Law and Order and Criminal Minds I have watched; that

brings me to another place where they go beyond the things written.

It is written "we are not the masters over your faith" and they might

say they do not censor entertainment, but they do. They do. I was there,

I heard them say it. No criminal TV. Then how are we going to learn

about justice and catching the bad guy? I like whaen the bad guy gets caught.

I am in love with Gorem. (sic?)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

One word: Organization

It isn't in the Bible.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Good captures people.... I thought there were plenty mainly because I've been caught by them myself over the years. Nice to see them all listed like this as it makes a complete mockery of their taking it further than it was ever meant to go.

If ever there was a "Dummy's Guide to Hypocrisy" this must be it. I'll be away for a couple of days but keep them coming.

They make the Pharisees look like Angels!

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Jesus is Michael.

Jesus' coming was invisible and in 1914.

He also inspected all religions and chose Bible Students in 1919.

Jesus' followers have to participate in d2d service as a witnessing method. (one can't just claim to do informal witnessing and skip FS)

They also have to report the hours and literature placed at the end of each month.

Decorating a tree at the end of the year is pagan, while wearing a ring or a veil for brides isn't. The pinata is okay too apparently.

Social networks like facebook are wrong.

Getting a higher education is wrong.

Loving one's country and getting involved in ways to benefit the local community (not preaching the JW message) is wrong.

Having a non-JW close friend is wrong. (even if they might believe in God & the Bible).

Wearing pants during meetings or witnessing isn't allowed for sisters.

Beards aren't allowed for brothers. Ties are mandatory, in some places you can't take off the jacket even in hot weather.

Toasting is pagan...nowhere in the Bible.

Saying "bless you" upon sneezing is also wrong.

etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit