Update on Indianapolis Ex-JW get-together

by borgfree 18 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy borgfree,

"Hathaway" ------ sounds familiar, but I don't recall him personally. I went to Irvington with Don Needham (long time pioneer), Don Sparks & Glen Kline. The Staileys were also - all the kids would be about your age (if I remember correctly, you're 30?) or a little older.

These men & their wives were the "Good People." And, they would have been considered such whether jw's or not. The jw's just made them closed-minded good people.

I remember Alan Gamble (currently Christian Park) also - from our work background. He's on the HLC and elder.

Enjoy your get-together - whatever it is!

waiting

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Waiting,

The last I heard Bro. Hathaway was City Overseer and Assembly Overseer, I am not sure that is correct but that is what I was told. I remember the Klines, Don Needham, Gambles, Jim Hathaway was my age and a friend of mine. He was the COs son. (John) (do you happen to know the name Charley Albers?)

Edited to thank you for remembering my age, yes, that age is just about right.

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for the invite------I wish Iwish I wish-
    also wish I knew who YOU are 30????/I dont know anyone from there that is 30........

• borgfree
    borgfree

Ok Mouthy, Just a little over 30 then. Why don't you just get on a plane and fly in for that weekend?

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Will you pick me up at the airport?

• borgfree
    borgfree

Mouthy,

Be glad to pick you up at the airport.

Borgfree

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sorry to be so slow about sending the directions and address of the reunion on March 2nd. Fred has been in the hospital 2 times in 3 weeks with a over reaction to medication. It has been very bad, we thought he was having a stroke the first time. But we now know which med it is! PTL
    We have been home from this last one only a few days, so in 1-2 days I will send you the info you can forward to others.
    Please have them understand that this is a reunion for "re getting to know each other" fellowship Indiana and Ohio group and others. It is not a regular support group meeting. There will not be the formal talk of doctrine etc. but there will be sharing of testamony of how the Lord is working in our lives since we last met. worship time and eating! Can't wait to see everyone. Others are welcome, but didn't want misunderstanding of the purpose of this date.
    When I send the directions (I have been waiting for Fred to feel better to do the directions, I would get everyone lost, lol)

Bye for now, I will write tomorrow or next.
    Love,
    Barb

• borgfree
    borgfree

Sorry for the delay in directions and rooming.....Fred has been in the hospital twice in 3 weeks for medication reaction.....we think we have the answer though to the one causing such problems!!! Whew! It has been crazy, and lots to do....God will provide.
    70 West to I-465 Westside, then to West Washington St., turn right on Girls School Rd. (we think it is the third light) turn right. Go to the next stop light and turn left on Morris St. going about 2 miles to four way stop. Turn right on Bridgeport Rd., church is on this corner.
    Horizon Christian Fellowship West
    1117 Bridgeport Rd.
    247-7777 church
    529-1580 Singleton cell phone
    Hotels if needed:
    Sleep Inn
    Comfort Inn
    about 3 miles from church, or there are many national hotel chains around the airport within 2-3 miles also.
    Should not have problem finding something even after you get here if needed.
    We are all excited about seeing everyone and catching up....if you have those you have informed of reunion, please pass on directions so that no one is missed,,,,thanks....
    God Bless,
    Barb

• tiredroadie
    tiredroadie

I have a friend who is in a progressive indoctrination bible study and she is drinking the kool aid. I need help. I am praying that some one can reach her. Can some one contact me please

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit