WT: "Disfellowshipped teenagers = Nadab and Abihu"

by cedars 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

blondie - thanks for the extra insight into Nadab and Abihu. The closer you look at the analogy, the more flawed it is. It's just a shame that ordinary publishers won't be scrutinizing it whatsoever, and will just lap it up like everything else. Hopefully if any of us have family members who are attending in 2 weeks' time we can try to go through the scripture with them if they are receptive enough. Forewarned is forearmed, and it might lessen the impact.

• silvergirl
    silvergirl

i have made a video response to this thread: http://www.youtube.com/user/laurasandeastman?feature=mhee

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks silvergirl, I'm glad this thread has been of some benefit to you...

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

That's what is great about this site, I get to understand when my parents go on a rollercoaster ride of emotions when dealing with their DF/DA children.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Invetigator74 - the sad thing is there is no reason for any parents to go through any emotional turmoil, because the whole disfellowshipping principle has been designed to protect the Society rather than to protect individuals. There is no other explanation for such a ludicrously unmerciful system of shunning.

Who knows what the fallout will be for families affected by this issue when the article is discussed 2 weeks from now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit