Venus Williams has been diagnosed with a threatening illness...

by ohiocowboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sulla
    Sulla

Whadda you mean, she's not a JW? Serena sure was. Remember when she won Wimbledon one time and thanked Jehovah? Wow.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Is vs. was. Figure out what tense I was speaking in.

Wow.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't believe either Venus or Serena were/are baptized. At the most they were once unbaptized publishers. Their mother is a baptized jw and perhaps one of their sisters. It is very possible for a "unbaptized publisher" to thank Jehovah without being baptized. If unbaptized publishers were considered jws then they would be df'd if they committed a disfellowshiping act rather than an announcement that they are no longer an unbaptized publisher.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Sure, it's possible. I just thought for sure they really were. Then that stupid monkey got all pissy. But whatevs.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm not a fan of hers, but that disease sounds dreadful, especially for someone who's used to being so active.

I wish her well (or as well as she can be).

• blondie
    blondie

hi, ohiocowboy. Great to see you here!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Wish her the best! I hope she posts here some day! I'm sure baptized or not JW's have had an effect on her life.

FS

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The olde saying, "If you don't have your health, you don't have anything." -- is really not true, but, it sure helps in the quality of life.

I, too, thought they were 'special' dubs -- you know rich ones like Prince & Michael Jackson's family that seems to get a 'pass' on the WT rules.

But... I still hate seeing/knowing anyone is sick or suffering.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Found Sheep...purdy smile !

Da Monkey:

She is NOT a JW. Imagine if she were to post here one day. :(

I'll 2nd that...be kind for the Newbies. They need us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit