Stupid Rule: "Necessary Business" Is Acceptable With Disfellowshipped Family Members....

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

With what journey-on said about not being dunked but born in. My parents used to regularly talk to me. That was before I started apostasizing to them. Now they barely talk to me. I've since stopped badgering them, but I noticed the change. My grandma let the cat out of the bag when she said: " I'll still talk to you ". Now she still a JW. But she is old school. And nobody is going to tell her who she can and can't talk to. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The only approved necessary business is to bury the d/f one and claim the estate.

oz

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a woman who got df'd because she "brazenly" talked to her df'd daughter-in-law AFTER she lived away from her. If she maintained the same talk YET she lived with her, it was acceptable....

STUPID!!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It makes no sense at all. If these people are so 'dangerous", so 'poisonous' then they would be so in or out of the home! To fully validate this 'rule' they'd have to separate from the poisonous one. in the home But they don't. So there is no problem at all. They can't argue for their current stand.

NC

• donuthole
    donuthole

I believe it was at the last annual meeting where a member of the GB gave a talk and admitted that there is no allowance in the Bible for "necessary family business", but rather it something that the FDS has allowed and thus it should not be taken advantage of as a loophole for association.

• minimus
    minimus

how kind of them, huh?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

You can live your life any way you choose, and you can still be invited over for dinner and socialize with your family normally. They can speak to you without it hurting their conscience. However, if you got dunked when you were even as young as nine or ten, and you are df'd, then you have to be treated like a leper (or worse).

Yep. That is why they are trying to get young ones dunked even sooner (see recent WT where 10 yr old kid is pictured) Too many are escaping without the shunning consequences.

Yes -- and there are two yearbook examples of 6 year olds getting baptized.

Imagine such a DFd child with a family get-together at his house. Any wonder why suicides are prevalent?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Interesting, I never thought of it this way before. If you have a df'd relative that lives separately you can't even TALK to them. But if the df'd relative is your husband or wife and you still live together than you not only can, but you SHOULD has sex with them on a regular basis (marital dues)! That's all right ... I guess just as long as there is not any oral/anal/sexting/phone sex!

These rule-making lunatics make the Pharisees look like a bunch of amateurs!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's interesting "Necessary Business" not scriptural, but a gift from the GB. The word Pioneer, is not scriptural. The 10 hrs a month rule, is not scriptual. The 4 hour meetings a week, are not scriptural. I guess we have a lot of unscriptural things.

Isn't it interesting that they haven't commented on that subject when discussing features of the annual meeting highlights in the Watchtower article.

• Violia
    Violia

Back in the 70-80's or so you did not even have to be baptized to lose approval. If you associated with the jws kids and ever went out in
    FS with parents etc, they considered you an associate and could make announcements saying you were not an approved associate. I do not know if they still do this but being baptized is not necessary for them to shun. They can shun anyone who opposes them, etc, and unbelieving mate who opposes them and makes it none.

Really, they just make this shite up as they go , so they can make any rule they want and make it apply anywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit