Have you ever taught worldly people all about JW while you are ex JW?

by Iamallcool 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I have actually shifted to being much more of an overall atheist than just and anti-dub.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I have, on occassion - but I don't make it my goal to anti-witness.

I have learned that there are a lot of people who either know a JW - or have a relative that is a JW. If the opportunity arises, then I will enlighten them with a few factoids. Most people have their own religions (which may also be wacko in its' own way), so I don't have to do much talking to get them to realize that the JWs are a bit odd in what they teach.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

My husband and I went to the DC this summer for the fun of it (you know, now there's a fair amount of humor now that we don't believe it). On our way there, a lost looking lady asked us where the bible convention was... She had been given a tract and wanted to see what was what. It was impossible not to mention a few things to her... The disfellowshipping arrangement, 1914 vs 607 (she was a history teacher). But generally, we try not to "apolostalatize" too much... Even with her we felt like she was resisting what we were telling her a bit, and my husband treaded really lightly. Unfortunately, religion is just a difficult subject. Amazing how we were pioneers who used to ramrod it down people's throats - so far from that now.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I've spoken at churches and conferences on a number of occasions.

• dgp
    dgp

Those of you who choose to inform us are doing us a great favor.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had an opportunity some months ago, to a discussion group I belonged to,about a dozen people. I spoke for approx. 45 minutes outlining my experiences why I became a witness at age 20,and what I had learned since leaving after 33 years

And I am pleased to say it went down very well,all in attendance thanked me for being so open and honest as to my feelings .( I was very carefull not to be derogratory to the religion ,but to let facts speak for themselves )

I am sure none of those who heard me would ever entertain becoming a JW

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit