Have you ever taught worldly people all about JW while you are ex JW?

by Iamallcool 26 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Black Sheep - I have also had it said to me that they are happy I left the JWs. These are just work collegues not exJWs.

It seems when I was a JW they were nice to me to be 'PC' and 'respect' my views. When I announced I was out I have been treated better and been told it was about time I left such a dangeraous religion.

An aposta-friend asked me why it took so long as he was waiting for me to exit for years!

So in keeping with the thread, I was very surprised about people's REAL attutude toward me and the JWs.

Keep unwitnessing!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Only until the questions run out . . . I don't want to be the one responsible for wasting their time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I got the whole pub laughing one day when someone asked me what Santa brought me.

I told her, from the opposite side of the bar, that I was brought up a JW and had only just found out that Santa was real and I didn't know I had to put my sock out, or whatever it is you're supposed to do.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

All the time. I just report the cult aspects and that they don't believe Jesus is God. All the failed prophecies during several generations of JWs.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

yes, sometimes it is neccisary to 'teach' the basics of JWs so as to explain to people the sometimes strange or awkward behaviours you have !

oz

• Twitch
    Twitch

If the question is asked of me, I'll certainly give people the lowdown on JWs. Most people are kinda shocked at the extremist beliefs and practises as the general opinion of them I get is that they're just another harmless religious group.

Knowledge IS power.

• blondie
    blondie

What do most non-jws know about jws?

1) Don't salute the flag/stand for the national anthem (varies by country)/don't join the military

2) Don't celebrate holidays/birthdays

3) Won't accept blood transfusion (transmutes sometimes into not accepting any medical treatment)

4) They go door to door talking about their beliefs/or distributing their publications

This is mostly what they come into contact at work, neighborhood, school, and news that impacts them personally. The rest is all hidden unless they marry/date a jw, have a close family that does, issues come up at school or work involving jws there. But they know little of their doctrines and view of the future because a jw rarely brings it up at the door, they use the carrot of everlasting life on a paradise earth surrounded by resurrected family and friends to suck them in before they broach the tricky doctrines and policies.

It is good just to develop one issue well rather than 2 or more.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Have to admit.......

I NEVER bring up the JW's except when they show up........ I say those people are whacked!!!!

I would Never Admit I was one of those Pathetic Clones!!!!!

It's F*****G Embarrassing...... like when you were one and had to admit it...

Only Here do I talk about it.........

People Like me today, and I don't want to ruin it..... I don't want them to think I'm Stupid or..... CRAZY!

I can do that all by myself!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes I have several times . It just keeps coming up Many of my new friends have at least one distant relative that is a witness .

Last week I was in a discussion about dating with some women friends . I explained what is was like in JW culture to date . One of the women asked if Witnesses were those 'bun heads that wore dresses all the time " I explained those were more likely Pentecostal (sp?)....it was funny though .

In all my discussions it amazes me how very little most people really know about JW's . With this local area being mostly small rural towns that gets covered in field service every six months you would think the 'preaching work ' would have made some progress in teaching Kingdom Truths the past 100 yrs ... So much for the JW's being 'actors on the stage of the world ' being closely observed by those around them At least that is what we were always told ....as if the whole community gave a flying flip what we believed .

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I discuss it with people now WAY more than I did when I actually was a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit