New court docs for Menlo Park KH scandal

by Juan Viejo2 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've been fighting computer problems for over a week, but I finally got a new article up at Ex-JW.com about the status of the court case in San Francisco.

The plaintiffs will be going to court this week and possibly again in ten days. The big issue is the bank account statements and signature files. Plaintiffs claim that defendants opened up unauthorized bank accounts and allegedly forged the then current COBOE / CEO's signature. The plaintiffs also allege that certain funds in those accounts were diverted or laundered illegally.

Defendants have also charged the original COBOE / CEO with embezzlement. So the plaintiffs are asking for all bank records to be subpoenaed and given to the court for review and argument. Now the defense attorney is trying to get all bank records marked confidential and withheld from public scrutiny. Looks like a good fight a'comin'.

Also, one of the defendants, the circuit overseer, Paul Koehler, is facing scrutiny over his claims of being a former Navy SEAL. Plaintiffs allege that he was never assigned to that elite group and may be facing charges from the Navy under their regulations and possible federal charges under the Stolen Valor Act of 2005.

It's really heating up in the Bay Area. Read and enjoy. Court docs in PDF are attached.

http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-what-are-they-trying-to-hide

JV

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

What is the crux of this lawsuit?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

QuestioningEverything -

I would suggest that you float over to Ex-JW.com and type "Menlo Park" in the search bar. There are several articles going back to the beginning last year (around September) that lay out the entire story and provide PDF copies of all the court documents.

There are several threads on JWN that cover the subject as well. Search for "menlo park kingdom hall." There are also great posts by Mad Sweeny and Marvin Shilmer that cover the issues involved.

If this is the first time you've noticed this subject, you are coming in a little late in the game. Just be aware that it should become a high profile case very soon.

JV

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Thank you, I will check those out.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thanks for posting these JV. Makes for interesting reading. This case is really ugly. I think it does show how heavy handed some COs are. Do you know if the plaintiffs have been DF'ed yet? I can't imagine that won't happen but I'll bet it will be after the case is concluded.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Fascinating.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I'm surprised that a news-outlet hasn't picked this up yet.

• Gayle
    Gayle

side note:: wiki shows Adams at 86 yrs old. Taking these kinds of 'problem' trips at his age is ,, well,, I don't have words. Do you think there were WT lawyers on this trip with him? Is Don Adams' name on this lawsuit, since he is the "President" of the WTS of Pennsylvania? There has to be a 'big' specific reason for him to go out there himself personally. I would suspect he was 'ordered' by someone/legal to go out for that trip.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Yeah ...I'd like know if WIKILEAKS has anything on the Watchtower Corporation ...

• steve2
    steve2

An acquaintance of mine in the media industry would tell me that, at any one time, numerous press releases about conflicts/power struggles/threatened or pending court cases are received. These cover every possible registered religious group. She told me that her agency routinely "tosses" them aside unless there is an apsect the wider public could be interested in. She also tactfully informed me that her agency's feedback from "customers' was that most had a low tolerance for media releases about "wars" within organized religions - unless there are literal bombs, guns, broken glass and/or shattered bodies. What seems to be front page news for those of us raised in outwardly nice but inwardly nasty little religious groups is not news to most people. You need blood and guts to make the front page - not tortured and esoteric legal arguments about who owns a religious building. Get the picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit