Do any here have adult children living with them?

by Was New Boy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

My 34 year old daughter may be moving in with me for awile when I move to Arizona. We get along great but we haven't lived together in 14 years. In these tough money times we feel two could live cheaper than one......I'm looking forward to the move.

Three years ago I had my 28 year old son move back in with me for six months. I enjoyed it very much. He is a wonderful person. He had a tough time doing so. I told him that years from now he would "look back think how great it was." Time puts everything in perspective.

What have been your stories

WNB

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My almost 23-year old step-son moved back in a few months ago. I'm fine with it, but his dad gets irriatated that he doesn't keep his room clean. Until he switched from working a day to afternnon shift job, he was a big help with yard work and such.

• wobble
    wobble

We have only been empty nesters for a couple of months, son No 2 went to Oz, and we hope does not move back in at home, he says he won't.

Not that we don't love him, and miss him a lot, but there is a time that kids should live in their own place, after all he is 59 ! only joking, but the little bugger is truly 29, so needs to live his own life entirely.

If either of our sons truly needs to come back home to live,they would be welcome, but we do love the fredom we now have to make as much noise as we like when we like etc etc, and we don't get the lectures when we go out, "Be good, don't be late " etc that we used to get (it was as though we were the kids !)

• d
    d

I am 20 yrs old and I live with my mom their is nothing wrong with that especially in this economy.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Once they stop thinking they know it all, their easy to deal with! What's the 34 year old like to live with?

• stillin
    stillin

nope. We've got no cable or satellite TV

Pretty smooth, huh?

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

My brothers and i are between 21-25 and we still live with our parents in the same house. At the same time, we're all still in college. We're also Asian, so it's traditional that the kids don't move out until they get married and can afford their own place.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sounds to me like a win win.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I haven't lived with my mom since I was 17, and I don't think I could handle living with her even now. I love her, but I need my own space. My kids are still little, the oldest is 13, so I can't say how I'll feel about them living with me when they are grown. Right now, I think I'll be ready for them to go and stay gone, but by then I may change my mind LOL

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

c6H, beat me to it. in the asian community it is common for the family to even pool their money to buy a large multi family dwelling. correct me if i am wrong but i think it has something to do with taking care of elderly family members. wow, what an antiquated and barbaric culture. we really could learn a lot from other non capitalist traditions. there is NO shame in having an adult child live at home... she might remember it when you need a care giver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit