How Did You Get Rid of Your Bound Volumes?

by Eiben Scrood 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

My town will no longer collect old books like that as trash and they're pretty hard to burn. My solution has been to include one in every bag of used cat litter when I clean the cat boxes. I've gotten rid of around 30 that way and I'm about halfway there. I thought of dumping them in a used book bin outside a local church but realized I couldn't really count them as placements so went back to my original plan.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I left them with my ex-wife, that and a large supply of Kool-aid! It helps to wash down things that are hard to swallow!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I simply threw mine into a dumpster and they were hauled off with the rest of its contents. Is there a recycling center near you? They might gladly take them off your hands.

Quendi

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Mine were bound to be thrown away.

• wobble
    wobble

Burned the buggers. I know that is not very "green" of me, but I needed to get rid of them quickley, and I didn't want the poisoned nonsense contained in them to fall in to other hands.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Put them all in boxes, printed out the bible scripture from Solemans book about the making of many books and left them in front of the door at the kingdom hall

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I burned mine up in an epic conflagration. Not kidding. They even called the fire department.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I gave my entire set of original "Studies In The Scriptures" to JWs I was meeting with and who were anxious to collect Russell's volumes back in the 70's. My Dad subsequently gave me a set of the reprints when I realized I should have kept them for reference.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Eiben, I got rid of mine the same way.

And then put it out for the trash men to pick up.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Still have 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit