Do we need a 'Faithful and Discrete Slave' ?

by ISP 62 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

rwaterman,

P.S
    . When I said you not being an ex-JW, could be an advantage what I meant, was, most of us here can not ever bring up concerns or questions to our active JW relatives - they simply would not listen to us, or would cut us off totally, not even speak to us at all!
    We walk on the proverbial egg shells to maintain even a minimal contact with family members that we love - like your friend Caretaker.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

RWaterman, I can't add much to the comments people have already expressed to you. The main thing you can do is to learn as much about JW's as possible. By understanding the JW mindset, you will be able to talk to your son much more knowledgeably.

It always takes time, but seeds that are planted by a loving father can eventually take root. Your son has learned some good things from the organization, now he needs to continue his growth as a human being. Unfortunately, that growth will be hampered by his remaining as a JW. I wish you well.

• ianao
    ianao

Hello lady on red. (sorry)

By understanding the JW mindset, you will be able to talk to your son much more knowledgeably.

Understanding the mindset won't be a problem. The problem is when he is at some point told:

"All you know are blatant lies thought up by that trickster satan. Are you REALLY going to believe all of this mess? That's not who we are. Let me show you who we are. You will see that we are normal people, living by the Bible's standards."

Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit