What,s the organization stand on Debutante( young ladies introduce to Society).

by jam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most of the debutatnes went on to attend one of the Seven Sisters. The Seven Sisters were seven women's colleges that were allied with the Ivy League. Alot of these events were antiSemitic. Education was not that important in the 1950s. I expect it would be today. Women used to mourn that their daughters would not be debutantes. Most ran off to join SDS or something during the Viet Nam War. It was considered an ancient, biased custom. Some years in NY, there was not a single ball. I read more and more in Town and Country and the New York Times that these events are coming back in a big way.

They don't bow! Curtsey!!! There are different types of curtesies. The hardest one is when you are presented to the Queen of England. American parents sent their daughters over to London months before the ceremony to learn the proper curtesy. People made money by teaching classes. It involves a lot of poise and grace.

Yes, to be respected for your education and savviness! I know what you mean all to well. These parties were dated. If you strip them of their bias and a few other items, they can be great events.

I attended two churches that were known as "Society" churches. Even today, there is a difference from a regular church. The women wear expensive clothes and hats. They were always nice to me. Of course, maybe not if their son wanted to marry me, a commoner.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    I liked the Debutante Film
    ·
    Debutante is now available globally to rent or buy on VOD - with best wishes for 2023!

With an @IFTA nomination, multiple awards and nominations at film festivals and a TV broadcast, we’re now ready to share the film with a global audience. Please RT!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If you can afford it...who cares? Does anyone REALLY believe that a supreme being that created multiple galaxies cares that some young earth women dress up and have a party? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debutante

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let’s be honest, folks. The Org wouldn’t want and budding young rank-and-filers attending anything “worldly”…

…but it’s really about socially isolating members from non-members.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

It’s funny, I’d always thought a “debutante” was a “ditzy rich socialite”.

😄

Maybe I had it confused with “celebutante”.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It must be admitted that even the most conscientious of chaperons may find it next to impossible in a darkened ballroom or gymnasium to control a crowd of youths who are bent on having a ‘good time.

And THAT is the intent on WT. If it looks like it may be a "good time", sounds like it may be a "good time", or is found out to be a "good time" it is verboten in WT-land! Joy, smiles, fun, are to be avoided at all costs, especially for the young and more easily manipulated, in favor off keeping a serious look on your face, and never doing anything that is not WT related. Their biggest goal is CONtrol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit