1909 Comments right on about Chronology in many ways

by itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

A little hard to read, but worth the trouble, I think. I like his comments about the whole issue of diliberation is unnecessary, when the prophecy of the last days is all required for bible students to understand or look for.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for that! Is there a direct link to download it? I know Atlantis provided one a few years back but it's now dead :-(

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what sort of publication was 'The New Covenant Advocate'?

It was a biblical magazine

The New Covenant Advocate and Kingdom Herald published by Ernest C. and Rose Ball Henninges from 1909 to 1944.

Here is a download lonk to the first year.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bm8gcllb2jc1x2y/NCA1909.pdf

sorry,

I don't know why the link didn't come up live. Just copy and paste it into a browser, it is there.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Sorry Guys, but my browser was unable to see anything.

CTR sent his trusted Hennings (who had married the "infamous" Rose Ball) to set up the organisation in Australia. You will see Henninges' name in earlier Watchtower magazines; I think he was the Secretary or maybe the Treasurer (it's a while since I looked).

The Henninges defected in 1909, setting up their own organisation, which still has a small membership here in Melbourne. Their defection is reflected in the reports (or lack of) in the Watchtower magazine for that year.

As the name indicates, the differences were related to the covenant.

Several of Henninges books are held at the State Library of Victoria, here in Melbourne.

A while ago, I took photos of their grave site at a local cemetery.

Doug

Copy and paste it into the address bar at the top of your browser. It will work for you.

• ssn587
    ssn587

all i see is boxes with red x's in them, would be nice to read what it says.

• Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit