Stephen Lett: "Pray for us to be faithful and discreet!"

by cedars 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any JW who is "IN" would see that as a request made with humility.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

...and of course any possible convenient change that is made by the GB will make rank and file feel like their prayer contributed.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    ...and of course any possible convenient change that is made by the GB will make rank and file feel like their prayer contributed.

..On the other hand, for anything that didn't change or went wrong, who is to blame?

Of course, the R&F, because they didn't pray enough!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My thought exactly! Fake humilty.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They definitely are not humble! But I would think all these lawsuits coming at them, some with even their names on it would be still be upsetting.

They have their lawyers, who aren't discreet, but conniving, sneeky, get through loopholes.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Yes the GB has proven to be faithful & discreet such as:

* Predicting the end of the world 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 & 2000 (although very discreetly....2000 that is)

* Banning Organ Transplants because it was cannibalism (changed in 1980)

* Being responsable for thousands of male youths going to prison for refusing alternative service (changed again to conscience matter now)

* Allowing Mexican brothers to bribe authorities to have a cartilla (ID to work etc) but forbidding Malawi brothers to buy a card from the ONLY political party in the country. Many sisters were raped, beaten & killed.

* Strongly discouraging youths from getting an education in College or university and now the organization is full of non-skilled, window washers & house cleaners that struggle financially. (If you're a relative of a member of the Governing Body the prohibition of Higher Education does not apply ie Judah Schroeder)

* Predicting the end of the world then blaming the rank & file when not fulfilled or even Satan as the Judge did for 1925.

* Telling Bethelites every day in morning worship to make Bethel their home until Armageddon and then start dismissing them to cut on cost. Daniel Sydlik once told the family specifically that the Society would Never dismiss Bethelites just to downsize but rather stop recruiting new ones.

* Banning Blood Fractions then making it a personal matter years later. How many died? Nobody can really know...Hey they are discreet by not disclosing the numbers!

William H. Conley

• cedars
    cedars

I agree, that is how it will come across, doubtless to all who were in the audience at the annual meeting. It's just a shame though that no one stops and things "hang on, wasn't the slave effectively sealed in 1918? If it's continuing to be faithful and discreet is now a matter for prayer, does this mean the main qualifying factor could potentially be compromised in some way if we didn't pray?" I doubt anyone will read into it like that, because I think I was only able to notice it now that I am able to read the publications objectively.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

After reading through the nausiating article

an additional two things caught my attention.

1. Bethel layoffs allow bethelites to concentrate on preaching... Love the spin. Pioneers used to apply for bethel after having had enough of living povo and knocking on thousands of empty homes. Now the GB is oh so lovingly sending them back to the single most friutless task ever and tell them its good.

2. Couldn't find a single history making announcement in the whole self congradulatory article...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit