Why Certainty About God is Overrated

by leavingwt 49 Replies latest jw friends

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

interestingly enough...i actually dont take myself at all seriously. but i do take certain principles, very seriously.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, I'll make a note of that and possibly remember it when I see Kirk surface on a thread. Interesting that would choose Kirk.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    internet anonymity is ending, you may want to choose your battles more carefully.

By the way, are you making a threat?

• tec
    tec

FHN apologized for her derogatory comment, CKirk. She didn't come after you. She just doesn't agree with you. There are religious communities (the one she is part of, for instance) that have no problem with questions. That isn't just individuals, that is a religious community.

There was no need to threaten her afterward - or 'imply' a threat, as you did.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

back on track folks.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

if someone's image and status is a threat, then i did threaten her. if someone's image and status is not a threat, then i did not threaten her. yes i know you will hate me. something i learned from the wt. keep speaking what you(i) believe regardless of how much ire it draws.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lady Lee, I sent you a PM.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Jim . . . again . . . lighten up dude!

I'm seriously starting to wonder exactly why you're here.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i told you, im gone in a week so dont worry. the same rules that apply in real life should apply on the internet. dont start trouble with people who are much bigger than you are, very simple. it's one thing to disagree with someone's policy, or their philosphy, it's something else when someone comes directly at you just because they feel like it. they have to be prepared for the consequences. i'm so sorry that you dont see that size. not sure which bizarre stoned world you live in.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jesus did not commission little children. His core followers were adult men and women. I don't want a child like faith. God gave me a brain and other skills to use in his service. The priest's point was that adults have more sophistication than children. They are different. Both think correctly for the tasks before them. If I were raised Episcopal and had faith as a child, I would still have different faith as an adult.

They don't put other religions down. A rule that I cannot apply to the Witnesses. Obama addressed this at the prior convention. God is fully as much mine as some Bible thumping Soutern racist. Progressive Christians are so busy not being tacky in the Jerry Falwell sense that we allow the right wing to define us. I was sold on Obama that night. I never heard anyone articulate the matter so well. I won't call Falwell evil but I can be secure in my version of Christianity.

I completely reject fundamentalism for my self. Also, I learned during a severe illness that God is not only an intellectual capacity. Any God that I can comprehend fully as a human cannot be God. the big G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit