Drive To End Hunger, Benefit Concert, Tony Bennett, Stevie Wonder and Friends

by designs 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• designs
    designs

Drive To End Hunger, Staples Center, Los Angeles, September 24th, 2011. www.drivetoendhunger.org/tonybennett

The Performers are all dedicated Humanitarians.If you have never seen Tony Bennett in concert you owe yourself a Evening out to see him. I saw him in 1966 in concert with Duke Ellington and to say it was magical doesn't do it justice.

If you are on the West Coast and would like to come and support a worthy cause let's try and put a group together.

designs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was certain this was a Carnegie Hall or Madison Square Garden production. The West Coast deserves benefit concerts. Hopefully, a music cable station, such as VH-1, might carry it live.

Tony Bennett was one of my Beatle enemies growing up. I've since seen him perform and saw him on the sidewalk in NY. He does Beatles music. It seems as though he is the last great vocalist. His art work is excellent. to top it off, his personality seems very nice. I can't believe I am a big Tony Bennett fan but I am.

• steve2
    steve2

Tony Bennett -my idol. What a survivor he is - an inspiration. I still get goosebumps when I listen to his music.

• designs
    designs

steve2-

Tony Bennett just turned 85 and has a new Album coming out, more Duets, singing with Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble', Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin, Faith Hill, Nora Jones, Amy Whitehouse, K.D.Lang and other artists.

On living so long: 'I'm blessed with great health and I sing and paint'

Favorite Album he made: Tony Bennett/Bill Evans collection

Supports a School of Music in NYC

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

designs, Good wishes to you in putting a group together for a worthy cause.

Loved Tony Bennett and K.D. Lang touring when he was… what, a youngster of 75 or so?

We joked that she had nothing on her feet, and he still had a lot of hair on his head.

Sublime duets, backed by some the finest musicians in the industry. Tony is forever a class act.

~Sue

• designs
    designs

Thanks ~Sue

We're a party of three now and growing...

Tony defined what John Lennon called an 'Artist' with being a life long painter. I was fortunate enough to get one of his Lithographs many years a go, a scene of a Hillside Mediterranean Village, I get to spend a moment of everyday with Tony.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ok, let's do it.

The TB and Bill Evans is my favorite album by him too. I had a BIG Bill Evans phase...lol. (yep...)

• designs
    designs

Tony Bennett- When Joanna Loved Me

Bill Evans- The Otherside Of Something

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

His painting is extraordinary. He is good technically but he has a certain quality that you can't lelarn in art school. Town and Country shows photos of them fairly often.

If he used his Italian name and no one knew anything about him, he could support himself in style. I attend art galleries frequently. He is superb.

How did you find the lithograph?

• Dagney
    Dagney

My ultimate TB/BE is the wistful "Some Other Time."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrOkNg2iNI

**sniff**

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit