2011 Annual meeting information needed!

by Atlantis 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Barbara Anderson has already mentioned that she is swamped with emails. She also needs date information on the 2011 annual meeting.

Many thanks!

Nevada

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

October, I think, Usually it comes in October every year.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lamallcool:

Thank you! If we could find out what days in October it would be a big help.

Thanks so much!

Nevada

• Gayle
    Gayle

Isn't it like the first Saturday in October? Usually there's an annoucement in the WT or KM. Anyone got cds to check?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Gayle: "Isn't it like the first Saturday in October?"

Yep. Last year it was Saturday, October 2, 2010.

Should be Saturday, October 1, 2011 this year. But I haven't seen this, or looked for it, in print.

om

• Gayle
    Gayle

Seems it's always in print by this time of year. Or did the WTS finally realize 95% of JWs aren't interested or concerned about the Annual Meeting anyway. It used to be a big deal at Bethel, in the 70s,,a big dinner, and a little time off early to go to the theatre for the program, which was boring,,just another meeting,,maybe a little boasting.

Or are they just waiting till October 22 and 29 for the 'special' meetings and lumping it all together then?

• wobble
    wobble

My sister has been invited, I will ask when she is going, but I think it is before October.

• wobble
    wobble

Spoke to my sister, she is off to the big Apple at the end of September, the AGM is SAT 1st October.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Anyone have the scoop on the calamity howlers' (JW) annual meeting that took place yesterday Saturday Oct 1, 2011?

• wobble
    wobble

My sister ,loving though she is, will not share anything "spiritual" with me. So, she may tell me about her time in the Big Apple, she is there till Thursday, but she won't say anything about what she heard at the AGM.

My older sister, in time, may spill something to me, especialy if it concerns something from the horses mouth (BULL'S ASS REALLY) stuff about the Big A being upon us or somesuch, she imagines that will frighten me in to going back to the cult.

So, I may be able to give some second hand, slightly embelleshed, stuff eventually.

Don't we have an insider who actually went ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit