WHAT DOES THE WATCHTOWER Really TEACH?

by 00DAD 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Apparently, james_woods, if I hate you in the Biblical sense, I simply regard you as a dead dog, and treat you with loathing. Either that, or I run a shaft through your privates until your bowels come out.

All metaphorically, evidently, Biblically speaking, of course.

--sd-7

• james_woods
    james_woods

So then, it would be Biblical to hate Hitler, but unbiblical to hate Michael Bolton?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "In order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." - The Watchtower July, 15, 1961, p.420

The Wachtower is obviously interested in harboring prejudice in their members. I agree with you in that Jesus taught to hate no one. I find the Watchtower bait and switch appalling. At first, they want to be known as the most tolerant happy religion out there. Yet, once deep within the religion you are taught to hate your enemies in direct disobedience to their supposed leader: Christ.

Growing up my family never condoned this prejudicial behaviour outright, but they unwittingly applied it daily as well as taught me how to do it too. Your above quote, 00DAD, is a great find because it does nothing but expose the Watchtower writer's for what they truly are: hypocrites and false Christians.

-Sab

• flipper
    flipper

" What Does the Watchtower Really Teach " ? Absolutely nothing of any value

• 00DAD
    00DAD

james_woods asked, "So then, it would be Biblical to hate Hitler, but unbiblical to hate Michael Bolton?"

Yes, because--evidently--their lives did not overlap!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    "In order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." - The Watchtower July, 15, 1961, p.420

I've seen this quote many times . . . but only just noticed the import of the highlighted word.

How can anyone say the a person and badness are "inseperably" linked . . .

If this is so . . . how could there ever be a true convert . . . or reformed prodigal?

in·sep·a·ra·ble (n-spr--bl, -spr-)

adj. 1. Impossible to separate or part: inseparable pieces of rock. 2. Very closely associated; constant: inseparable companions Overtones of everlasting judgement here ??

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

That's some sick crap really. If your family is JW's, and you leave the JW's, in their minds they are being commanded by god, through the WT/governing body, to hate you. That is so completely unatural of a precedent - hating your own family over opinion of god.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

sizemik--in commenting on the INSEPARABLE nature of WT hate--asked rhetorically if this does not imply, "Overtones of everlasting judgement here??"

I'd say a qualified YES! Which is tantamount to saying such undefined "badness" no matter what it is, is essentially equivalent to "the Unforgivable Sin".

Unless of course a person grovels back to the WT bORGanization and re-submits to their capricious will.

Amazing isn't it! The FDS and their GB through the local BOE can forgive the unforgivable and separate that which is inseparable. This is marvelous in our eyes!

• designs
    designs

The World is irreconcilibly torn over those who love Michael Bolton and those who hate Michael Bolton....

• wobble
    wobble

Of course all the unique doctrines they hold to are in error, but the insidious mind control that teaches people the opposite of what Jesus taught in the "Golden Rule", the constant propaganda against non JW's that leads JW's to feel all such people are evil, the teaching that makes JW's subsume their normal love for family members, so that they will shun their DF'd offspring, or worse, cause the death of their own children by refusing blood tranfusions, this teaching is just EVIL through and through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit