Spooky Slumber Party Games: Bloody Mary, Light As a Feather, Ouija & Spoon Bending

by headisspinning 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I know most of you don't believe in the Devil and that's a damn shame. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that he exists. Now go ahead and call me crazy......

How do you know it's a he? Why is it a shame? If he exists, he's sure never done anything to me.

You're crazy...

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Entirelypossible- YOU"RE CRAZY

And it is a damn shame! Because the spirit world is entirely real and they love it when you bob along like you have not a thing to worry about!

And , Headspinning- Thank you :) Hope you have a nice night :)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I didn't know that the devil breathes. Didn't know that dead people did either. If these powerful beings exist, I wish they'd do something more than run around exhaling.

NC

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    If these powerful beings exist, I wish they'd do something more than run around exhaling.

LOL!!!

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I've asked two close non-Jw friends the same questions and I am awaiting their responses too... I will get back to you. I trust both of them completely so it will be very interesting to get their thoughts, experiences and perspectives as well. :)

"Sleep with one eye open... Gripping your pillow tight!"

- Metallica -

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

NewChapter- Yes, you're so clever! It really is insane to think such a thing would breathe! But, how many people do you know or how many stories have you heard of people seeing a ghost? And those ghosts are always clothed, but think about it, the "clothes" they're "wearing" really don't exist, they're long gone just like the dead person someone is seeing, so I can't explain why some entity would "breath" and I can't explain why a GD ghost wears clothes, but whatever- alot of you are some narrowminded people- I'm going to bed ....

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And it is a damn shame! Because the spirit world is entirely real and they love it when you bob along like you have not a thing to worry about!

Can you prove any of that? Not only that they are real but that you know what they love? How do you know that they only love that because I am not bothering them all the time? Maybe they DO love me for not beleiving in them so they can live their life in peace, that they aren't bothering you in an effort to not so subtley tell you to leave them alone, like shooing a fly away?

And, since they AREN'T bothering me (presuming they are real), how is that any different than them not existing?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NewChapter- Yes, you're so clever! It really is insane to think such a thing would breathe! But, how many people do you know or how many stories have you heard of people seeing a ghost? And those ghosts are always clothed, but think about it, the "clothes" they're "wearing" really don't exist, they're long gone just like the dead person someone is seeing, so I can't explain why some entity would "breath" and I can't explain why a GD ghost wears clothes, but whatever- alot of you are some narrowminded people

Penelope, perhaps I am not the one that is narrow minded. Narrowminded would be having an experience, and being willing to consider only one possible conclusion. There is absolutely no explanation other than spirits. But for me, my mind is open enough to consider the many possiblities that could explain what happened. This is your son, and you've shared many experiences and conversations with him. Perhaps the two of you saw something on television where a spirit exhaled onto someone. Or maybe you were a bit freaked about what you thought you felt, and in your seemingly peaceful sleep you spoke out loud about a spirit exhaling on you. Your son could have heard that, and his young mind would do the rest.

The fact is, humans have a long history of blaming spirits when something happens that they don't understand. People once thought that evil spirits made one sick. Today we understand viruses and bacteria. We even understand genetics to a degree. We know illness is not caused by evil spirits. At one time, people thought the Aurora Borealis were dancing spirits or something similiar. Today we understand that it is a scientific phenomena involving photons and electrons and is something I personally don't understand well enough to explain it here, but still, not spirits. In fact, every mystery ever cracked has proven to be not spirits.

You have a mystery on your hands. I find it curious that you immediately conclude it is spirits, without having looked into any other possiblities. It's an extraordinary claim. It becomes even more baffling when we look at all the mysteries we have solved with science. Yet I am narrowminded for questioning why a spirit would exhale on a person.

Let's go with your hypothesis, and assume this spirit exhaled on you. To what end? For what purpose? Was it only interested in scaring you? Why? Why did these particular pieces of partical board and plastic conjure up such a spirit? Why doesn't my cheap entertainment center do the same thing? Why doesn't it happen every time for every person? Do you wish to live in fear of spirits without asking some of these question? Do you want to pass that fear on to your son without having thoroughly investigated it? Why?

If you are very sure of what you experienced, and believe it fully, why should a silly comment by me bother you? If you're right, then I am the naive one. You knew when you posted that some would disagree with you. Why should that matter?

You are offended because I asked one of many questions that ran through my head. Why would a spirit exhale on a person? CAN a spirit exhale on a person? Even if you are a bible believer, have there been any recorded instances of spirits exhaling on people? You can open your mind, and ask these questions if you like. Or not. I just offer it up as food for thought.

And for the record, I was not questioning your sanity. I believe you experienced something. I'm questioning your critical thinking.

NC

• Violia
    Violia

If I was a spirit, I'd ask for a better assignment that haunting junk at garage sales or even haunting an old house. I would want to haunt a star and hang out with the really cool people. Or maybe if I was a spirit I'd come back to haunt someone I hate- yeah, that would be great.

For years after the garage door openers came out we thought we were haunted bc my neighbors garage door opener would change the channel on our TV or turn it off /on. Other freaky electronic stuff happened before we all knew what was really happening.

however with that said, I have had 2 or more things happen to me that I cannot find a rationale reason for . so I do believe spirits exist, it just think they might want to hang out in better places than my house.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    But I was thinking that if there is no scientific explanation and some of these things DO work, then there must be some sort of spirit world in which case there could be a god...

Seriously? . . . must be spirits? . . . could be a god? . . . simply because a scientific explanation does not currently exist?

It was the experience of mystery - even if mixed with fear - that engendered religion .
    Albert Einstein

Some things never change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit