But, isn't it a "Wicked System of Things?"

by PenelopePaige 28 Replies latest social current

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I am not a JW but one thing that they really get me on is when they call the outside world a "Wicked System of Things" and say it is run by the Devil. I know the world can be great and people can be wonderful but on the flip side, the bad seems to be getting worse and morals seem to be flying out the window. I don't know, what do you guys think? It's one thing that's made me believe they're on the right track in some regards.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    It's one thing that's made me believe they're on the right track in some regards.

Yep.........They're Right On!!!!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

the double-edged sword of freedom...cuts both ways. you want freedom or not?

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Actually, they are. What about the distribution of wealth in this country? How is it that a skank with a sex tape rakes in the millions and is glorified and thrown over every popular magazine while the poor guy who works his butt off at an honest job can hardly feed his family? Sure sounds like Satan's in control to me.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

money is a great deception. money isn't going to make you happy, and in some cases it's going to do more damage to your life than good. it's like saying why is this poor guy who works his butt off hardly able to feed his family, but this skank over here owns 30,000 wide screen plasma televisions? what difference does it make. there are enough safety nets in place to keep the poor man from starving to death.

• Lore
    Lore
    How is it that a skank with a sex tape rakes in the millions and is glorified and thrown over every popular magazine while the poor guy who works his butt off at an honest job can hardly feed his family? Sure sounds like Satan's in control to me.

Hmm, according to the witnesses. If humans manage to create a prosperous and utopian society, then Satan wins the bet.

So the only one who has anything to gain by human failure is god. . . Sounds like Jesus really may HAVE become king in 1914.

• Resistance is Futile
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    I know the world can be great and people can be wonderful but on the flip side, the bad seems to be getting worse and morals seem to be flying out the window.

I think it is a mistake to make broad statements about "the world" and "people" without clearly defining your area of inquiry and doing as much unbiased study as possible. For example, do a serious study of the history of Western civilization and learn about various changes in human thought and society over the centuries - and that's just Western society, not to mention other cultures. This kind of approach puts one in a position to respond reasonably when people make claims about "things" being "worse" or "better."

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

This observation is certainly no unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. Most fundamental sects incorporate this idea into their doctrine, alibet with somewhat different doctrines and rules to escape the wickedness. One bible verse that comes to mind along the lines of a wicked system of things and the last days is the one about lovers of money in the last days. The current financial crisis in the west is indicative of the selfishness and corruption of capitolism. Communism and fascism didn't work. Now capitolism is beginning to show it's soft underbelly. Western society is quickly returning to the peasant and ruling class oliarchy of the middle ages.

• Lore
    Lore

IO is right on the money.

When you say that things are getting worse, and that morals are degrading. . . it really depends on how you view it.

Gay rights. I would say that's morals improving. Others would say that's morals degrading.

Sexual equality. I would say that's morals improving. Others would say that's morals degrading.

Abortion rights. I would say that's morals improving. Others would say that's morals degrading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit