CORPORATION or CULT??

by paulnotsaul 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It's Amway gone bad. Totally ADD

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

It depends on where you fit in the corporate structure. If you're high up, it's a business. If you're not, it's a cult. The cult part is only for the peons. Upper managment gets to speak in the name of God, so they have no boss, despite their claims to the contrary. How are they "submitting to Christ's lead", when they decide what Christ is telling them? They only submit to their own ideas, which is no different than the average person.

• Perry
    Perry
    Employees get paid for their time invested in the company, JWs get nothing.

Well they don't take money but they do get paid. They get to take pride in their imagined salvation being a result of their hard work in being good.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight - Rom 3:20

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ ...for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified - Galatians 2:16

Born again Christians take no credit at all for the change in their life resulting from regneneration: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me" - Gal. 2: 20

Jw's and other bible cults are very proud of their goodness and CANNOT GIVE TESTIMONY to the above; Christians on the other hand place credit where credit is due - the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which allows the goodness of God to manifest in the life of the believer.

So to answer your question - It's just another cult that feeds the vanity and pride of man.

• dozy
    dozy

Probably both. Certainly at a global level , the WTBTS is a corporation - when I used to speak to the WTBTS lawyers & accountants I couldn't really see any difference from the middle men in a rather badly run publishing & building organisation (other than the cheap suits and , often , though not always , a degree of incompetence that would have got them sacked from any normal company. )

Are they a cult? Jwfacts discusses this in an excellent article http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php

Once a high control religion (like JWs or the Mormons) reaches a membership of many millions , it kind of dilutes the cult control. We all know JWs who pretty much do anything they want regardless of what comes out in the Watchtower. That's why some people define the society as a High Control Group. I personally think the WTBTS is a cult , but because it is a pejorative term I would be wary of forcing this definition on others.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

thanks for the link dozy - interesting that Paul G states in his cult article " This article is considered by the author to be the most important on this site."

if Paul (jwfacts) sees this thread maybe he can elaborate on why he rates that particular article as so important....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A corporation is merely one form of business ownership. Partnerships, sole proprietors, business trusts. Corporations are popular because only the corporate assets are used to satisfy liability awards. Personal property cannot be attached as long as the state's rules for corporations were followed. Any form of business can be a cult. If the Witnesses are a nonprofit corporation, the standard of conduct for officers and board members is generally lower than for regular corporations.

I have no idea how the Roman Catholic Church, Episcoplians, Baptists do business.

How they register their organization with the state has nothing to do with a cult. The cult also has nothing to do with doctrine. Cults are determined by the culture of a group rather than beliefs. The internal administration indicates whether it is a cult. Blood doctrine does not equate to a cult. Overreaching, onerous consequences, training members to suspect their own values and gut beliefs--this is a cult. It is a matter of degree. When I started here, I believe the Witnesses were cult-like on the periphery. Now I see clearly they are cult.

• bioflex
    bioflex

I personnaly consider them as being programmed. I mean can you imagine after reasoning from the scriptures with a couple of these guys about how we are going to be changed to spirit beings to attain imortality (1Co 15:35 - 47, 1Co 15:50, 1Co 15:49 ,1Co 15:51 - 52 , i could go on and on) these guys would simply not listen.

i am certain they have been lied to that they may lose their salvation(which is a normal life on earth with only righteous people) should they deviate from the WT teachings.

it amazes me how people would deny something which is set plain before their eyes, only spirits can do something ass that. and with that i am sure cult comes into mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit