No Trespassing signs for JWs?

by Pams girl 35 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Nick....I think THIS was designed specifically for them...look at the picture on the box.....maybe the sign should be changed to read....free apostate book for the first 50 knockers

No signs!!!!....Thats no fun wannabefree

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Interesting........I live in a very steep valley in Wales.

To access my front door, you have to walk from the pavement up......5 stone steps, then turn, and walk up a further...3 steps. All stone. Over 150 years old. Rather wonky and dangerous.

Walk up them at your peril!

Want to shout "Gerroff my steps" a la Peggy Mitchell, cockney queen bee....

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I don't get it. I want them to knock on my door and they won't.

• still thinking
    still thinking

WontLeave....It's a sign....you need sign

ooooor....maybe you need a new door....is yours like this?...that might be making them a bit apprehensive.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My observation from being assertive sometimes and screaming at the top of my lungs on other occasions is that tone is important. My biggest mistake is arguing with them. They feed off persecution. I've always obtained the best results when I politely gave them my stand without histrionics. The way I would do business meetings. They don't the details of the law. When I stay calm, they just leave immediately. They leave without saying they will pray for me, or A. will show me which sound so funny to worldly friends but stoke my residual born-in guilt.

I must agree with announcing apostacy. My neighbors don't need to know that I was once a Witness and am now an apostate. If I were they, I would assume a no trespassing sign is meant for hunters, life insurance salespersons, etc. but not a good Christian. When I made the mistake of engaging in banter with them, my relevation sent them running like hell. I felt like the witch in Hansel and Gretel.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In the US, (at least in our area) we were told that the only sign we needed to heed was No Trespassing. They warned us that ignoring THAT sign could get us charged and prosecuted. I don't know how it works in other countries. I would think if there is no legal penalty for ignorning the sign, then they will knock.

I LOVE the idea of posting an apostate sign. THAT will scare them more than big dogs and drunken parties. Mentioning Ray Franz's name would also freak them out. Perhaps you could frame the cover of COC as part of the sign. Or a page from JWN. It would be funny.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In the US, (at least in our area) we were told that the only sign we needed to heed was No Trespassing. They warned us that ignoring THAT sign could get us charged and prosecuted. I don't know how it works in other countries. I would think if there is no legal penalty for ignorning the sign, then they will knock.

I LOVE the idea of posting an apostate sign. THAT will scare them more than big dogs and drunken parties. Mentioning Ray Franz's name would also freak them out. Perhaps you could frame the cover of COC as part of the sign. Or a page from JWN. It would be funny.

NC

• blondie
    blondie

2004:

As the temporary Book study overseer I have been handed a letter as follows:

Upon receipt of this letter, book study overseers should review the following points with those in their groups:

* Individual homeowners have a right to exclude people from their property by posting a "No Trespassing" sign.

* If publishers call on a home or enter the grounds around a home where a "No Trespassing" sign is located, they may be subject to criminal prosecution and resulting monetary sanctions and/or incarceration. They also face being sued by the householder.

* Such homes may be worked by means of the telephone or letter writing. See May 2003 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box: "Communicating Through Letters," Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education, Pages 71-3; May 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box; "Successful Kingdom Proclaimers Use the Telephone," April 15, 1998 Watchtower, BOx on page 27; "Telephone Witnessing - A Way to Reach Many," August 1993 Our Kingdom Ministry pages 3-4;and November 1996 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box.

* "No Trespassing" signs are diffrent from "No Soliciting," "No Peddling," and "No Canvassing" Signs. However, if a householder at any time informs a publisher that this sign applies to our ministry (no matter what the wording of that sign may be), the publisher should reassure the householder that future calls at his home will cease. This can be done by simply stating:

The application of the sign was not clear to us from its wording. Steps will now be taken to make certain that no further calls are made at your home by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thereafter, a dated note should be placed in the territory envelope listing the name and address of such individuals.

We trust this will answer questions publishers have regarding "No Trespassing" Signs. It is a pleasure to work shoulder to shoulder with you in accomplishing the work our Master has entrusted to us. - Zeph. 3:9; Matt 28:19,20

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/79217/1/Trespassing-new-rules

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/78947/1/No-Trespassing-Breaking-news-for-local-JWs

• LV101
    LV101

i know they CANNOT come onto private property in gated communities where there is a security service in force and manned security entrance. mormans and salesmen were going around door to door initially (sneaking in) when most of community was under construction but that came to an END AND IS NOT ALLOWED. one time a loser PO left a lying message on my recorder (HE WAS A KNOWN LIAR IN THE VALLEY) that he was on my doorstep --- I SAVED HIS MESSAGE to let my security know and made it known thru BIGGEST MOUTH IN HIS CONGREGATION (she called him daily to gossip and report) i would call the police if need be. plus, i had so much on his loser kid and told him he needed a psychiatrist. he may have sneaked in because a bro was living w/aged relative in my community, but i don't think so. he didn't have gate codes once inside community. i also have security cameras so it would have been fun!!!

what a justice system for religion having the right to walk onto anyone's property and bother them w/out being invited. it's scary what these freaks are capable of.

• Honesty
    Honesty

still thinking:

does that mean that you support the rectal thermometer idea?

The JW's should be forced to stick every Watchtower they receive at the literature counter up their butts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit