No Trespassing signs for JWs?

by Pams girl 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi, so Im in bed with food poisoning and bored. Went onto Amazon and ordered a sign which reads-

STOP! STOP! STOP!

No Canvassers

No Cold Callers

No Religious Bodies

While surfing the net, I came across some info which says JWs dont usually take any notice of signs such as mine. The only sign they seem to adhere to is a "No Tresspassing" sign........................is this true?

My EX-study teacher claimed on her last text to me "we are not a religion, its a way of life..".......so they will happily ignore the "NO RELIGIOUS BODIES" part, yes????

Bugger. Just wasted £3.99.......

Anyone got a sign outside???

Paula not well.

• wobble
    wobble

Just put up your own sign: " This is an Apostate Home, only Ex-JW's are WELCOME "

That should do the trick, and may spark a bit of conversation with normal people who call so you can make them aware.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Invite them in to explain 1919 and give them a hammering for every mistake and every weasel trick they try to use to fool you.

Do a good job of it and they'll either leave the church or leave you alone. Either way, you win.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Kingdom Ministry June '94

How should matters be handled when a householder insists that Jehovah's Witnesses make no further calls at that home?

When we encounter a sign at the door that strictly prohibits calls of a religious nature and specifically mentions Jehovah's Witnesses, it may be best to respect the householder's wishes and avoid knocking.

Sometimes we come upon a sign prohibiting salesmen or solicitors. Since we are doing charitable religious work, that does not really apply to us. It would be appropriate to go ahead and knock at such doors. If the householder objects, we can tactfully explain why we feel that such signs do not apply in our case. If the householder then makes it clear that the prohibition includes Jehovah's Witnesses, we will respect his wishes.

When we are working the territory, a householder may become visibly upset and emphatically insist that we do not call again. If he refuses to reason on the matter, we should comply with this request. A dated note should be placed in the territory envelope so that publishers working the territory in the future will avoid calling at that address.

Such homes are not to be avoided indefinitely. The present occupants may move away. We may contact another family member who will respond favorably. There is also the possibility that the householder to whom we spoke will have a change of heart and become more agreeable to having us call. So after some time a tactful inquiry should be made of the occupants to determine their current feelings.

The territory file should be reviewed once a year, making a list of the homes where we have been advised not to call. Under the direction of the service overseer, some tactful, experienced publishers can be assigned to visit these homes. It could be explained that we are calling to inquire if the same householder still lives there. The publisher should be familiar with the material in the Reasoning book, pages 15-24, entitled "How You Might Respond to Potential Conversation Stoppers."

If there is a reasonable response, future calls can be made in the usual way. If the householder continues to be antagonistic, no further calls should be made until the following year. The local body of elders can decide if the circumstances in a particular case make it advisable to handle things differently.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL....Paula...looks like we are in for a visit in a year......gonna be an anual event.

Maybe we should start putting up decorations (ie christmas ones) for when they do return.

We can remember and celebrate the day we said....'no more study, thanks but no thanks'

When they do knock again...we could say......

thank you soooo much for your visit, gosh! has a year gone by aready? Doesn't time fly when your enjoying your life and are not tied down and manipulated by religious doctrine. I am so glad you called to remind me of how much better my life is now. Now I actually know the TRUTH.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Haahhhhh

Thanks for the info guys.........

Persistant little buggers aint they......oh well, once a year isnt so bad..........maybe what I need is an accumilation of lots of signs............

"Santa is my home boy"

"Being a Mormon is a way of life NOT A RELIGION!" (ex-study teacher uses that quote about JWs)

WICCA RULES!

Thanks for cheering me up, its a long day staying in bed bored!

Actually, I really do fancy getting a Witch Weathervane.......always wanted one.....maybe Santa will remember me this year!

See you for our 1st anniversary next year still thinking x

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah...looking forward to it Paula

I'm thinking maybe our next discussion could be about their AURA'S and how theirs look particularly DARK...

I'm sure they'd be open to doing the chakra test to find out how open each of their seven chakras are.

hee hee hee....

I'll have to think about that one though...wouldn't want to scare them off and put my anual visit at risk

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

If the Chakra test involves a rectal thermometer, Im their girl!!! still have mine from my nursing days

Youve cheered me up today, thank you

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hope your starting to feel a bit better........that green in your cheeks just doesn't look good.

I think the chakra test could include a rectal thermometer....but like I said....wouldn't want to risk the anal....woops ...I mean anual visit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

JUNE '94 KINGDUMB MISERY

When we are working the territory, a householder may become visibly upset and emphatically insist that we do not call again. If he refuses to reason on the matter, we should comply with this request. A dated note should be placed in the territory envelope so that publishers working the territory in the future will avoid calling at that address.

Such homes are not to be avoided indefinitely. The present occupants may move away. We may contact another family member who will respond favorably. There is also the possibility that the householder to whom we spoke will have a change of heart and become more agreeable to having us call. So after some time a tactful inquiry should be made of the occupants to determine their current feelings.

Assholes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit