Governing Body — Samuel Herd — 1979

by Marvin Shilmer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Ha, that's pretty funny - thinking the WTS would expend their own money for their own servants.

Even today, for the CO/DO health insurance fund & Kingdom Hall insurance fund, they solicit donations of $X per publisher from each congregation, so even when it looks like "the Society pays" for something, they really don't.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sd7,

In 1979 you could buy a brand new fully loaded Corvette for under or at $12,000. A 2011 model goes for about $50,000.

In 1979 you could buy a brand new fully loaded Cadillac De Ville at or just over $11,000. A 2011 similar Caddy (CTS-V Sedan) goes for about $65,000.

In 1979 as far as full sized sedans went, a very common item was the Chevrolet Impala. You could buy one brand new and fully loaded for under $6,000. A 2011 model goes for about $25,000.

Marvin Shilmer

• Joliette
    Joliette

Sam Herd is a gangsta!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Jehovah provides in many ways.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

There must have been a few eyebrows raised when the C.O and his wife came tooling into the Hall parking lot with a new luxury car. Although I must admit, people do give more credibility to someone taking the lead who looks the part...prestigious cars and clothing make unlettered and ordinary men, look the part of one who knows what they are doing. It makes it easier to assign them more honor than perhaps they deserve. I'm sure not a word was said about it. Even when I was a Bethelite, walking in the cold and rain with the masses, we'd often see the higher up's pulling out of the Bethel garage in black Towne cars as we headed to the meetings in dangerous areas on the subway.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The disfellowshiiping site blondie mentioned seems to be gone...

now points to a dating site called snog.com!

love the scandles...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit