EARTHQUAKE ON EAST COAST

by Sunnygal41 7 Replies latest social current

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I apologize ahead of time if this topic has already been posted. If not, I'm sure many are already aware that we had a 5.8 earthquake here on the east coast of the US at around 1:50 pm today..............we felt it here in CT

Terri

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wasn't it something! Thank you for posting about it. It seems to be big news everywhere, as it is a very rare event! Family up in Cincinnati even felt it, as did people in Toronto! I hope everyone is Ok!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yep I felt it here. Felt like a big truck was driving by.

Graph: Severity and frequency of worldwide earthquakes with 1,000 or more deaths since the year 1900 with forecast based upon trend

pdf: FREE

Jehovah's Witnesses believe earthquakes have become more frequent and severe in recent years, and this is a sign of Armageddon approaching. Here is a graph of data collected by the US Geological Survey regarding the frequency and severity of worldwide earthquakes since 1900, with a mathematical forecast to 2050.

pssst....spoiler! The trend is slightly downward!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Felt it from 20 stories up. Hey, why is the building shaking? Coworkers thought it was a train - but no trains to be seen. Not wind either. I said remember this happened around 1:50 or so, I think it's an earthquake....

• designs
    designs

Hope everyone is safe and well.

• d
    d

I left New York an whole two hours before it happend and my family called to inform me of what happend.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Sitting on a bench in the Bronx eating lunch. I felt nothing, but heard about it moments later.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Yeah, I was disappointed. Didn't feel jack. I was working in a freezer and then heard something happened when I came out. On the way home, NPR said it was an earthquake. Would have been my first.

Cripes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit