Is The Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses In Agony?

by metatron 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No..

The WBT$ GB Live in their JehOpium Den..

Dreaming of Importance and..

Doom to anyone who Cross`s Them..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mNvhfjwQqc8/SxbFLEC9wbI/AAAAAAAACH0/G-4trOKh32c/s400/French_opium_den.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I recomend they drink Heinekin while they're out there as its a good outdoors beer.

I think Heinekin is a pretty good indoors beer, too. Maybe they really accelerated the process of going over to the dark side when they quit having keg parties in the Bethel basement.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I don't think its agony at all, I do think its a cumulative amount of arognorance and wanting to hang on to power and control.

The WTS. gave these dubious men the power and stature and they intend to hang on to it with heartfelt diligence.

One should keep in mind ALWAYS that the WTS. publishing corporation is their livelihood, their pay checks have the name WTS. stamped on it.

Given that circumstance how would you govern the WTS. and its legions of followers ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They may agonize about the huge number who are making an exodus from the Organization. They'd probably like to know how to stop the hemmoraging. Still they feel those folks leaving the Faith are "evil and wicked" slaves who have forsaken their place with God's Organization.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It seems like right now is a watershed era for them.

They have abandoned the old generation idea once and for all; generation means nothing now.

They are moving from, arguably, the center of the world, NYC, to the woods, eventually taking upwards of a billion dollars with them.

All the while, they can't articulate a single compelling doctrine and there is no mechanism in place to move visionary thinkers up the chain of command.

I think they are in complete denial, rather than agony.

My gut tells me they will become even more cloistered and controlling with the move to the boondocks.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    My gut tells me they will become even more cloistered and controlling with the move to the boondocks.

My gut tells me that a good investment would be a well-stocked liquor store in the nearest little town.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It's an appealing thought, your question I mean, but I think the opposite is more likely. The GB is indeed getting worked up about all the assaults of information but for them it's just starting to get exciting. They have new license to flex their muscles and assert their authority and really, who cares if a couple of hundred thousand people up and leave? The number of fresh, impressionable bodies lining up at the door may be less, but the Society is not yet haemorrhaging. Besides, this has all been foreseen. It is part of the Great Apostasy which requires Satan's spawn to be exposed and purged from the Watchtower before the onset of Armageddon. No one knows how long it will take. Perhaps an entire generation. Maybe even another overlapping generation. Oh, how much fun it is all going to be to punish all those who leave by forcing their friends and family to shun them.

The Watchtower is wealthy. It has the resources to weather any kind of storm over the lifetimes of any of the members of the GB. I don't think they're in agony. When I visualise them it is like the pigs in Animal Farm, drunk with power.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I find it really hard to believe that all of the GB are totally deluded.

After all they operate to a very high 'cult' standard. This is the same organization that printed :

in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420

I have this gut feeling that at their level it must be inescapable to believe the hype anymore.

Agony or Hate mode?

It's a big business and they are losing 'customers'!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

You can't escape a cage built with fear and guilt.. as for the GB, they walled themselves in.

Doctrine does not matter. The GB could tomorrow say that the Qur'an was inspired and start studying that instead of the bible and it would not change a thing. Suddenly 7.5 million JWs will start defending Muhammed. Doctrine means nothing. A JW will deny that the sky is blue, I have been in enough JW discussions they will even deny what the literature says to defend the WTS.

The only way out is to get them to see the bars that imprison them. Until they can see the bars nothing will help. It doesn't matter if every elder is a child molestor. It doesn't matter if every KH gets hit by lightning and burns down. They're in a prison and they can't escape.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their Legal Dept might be in agony sometimes. (The Legal Dept. is dealing with a 'closing in' network of lawsuits in foreign countries that won't give the WTS the free rein they get in the U.S.) But the GB are still struttin'. High value properties with potential sales within next couple years,,leading to big time construction fervor upstate NY. They enforce their 7 M work force/rank & file to never disagree and r & f obey. The GB only see themselves doing it all the right way. Any complainers are dispensible.

The next "overlapping' GB generation might be left with alot of crap but this group still think they can pull the punches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit