How do you feel about not seeing your dead loved ones again?

by highdose 22 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

I'm actually with Shelby on this one. I can't say with 100% certainty I won't see them again, in some form, any more than I can say with 100% certainty that I will.

For the time being, I'm content with that uncertainty.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I can relate to zoiks. I thought I would see them again,and after realizing it will never happen,it's grieving all over again. But,for real this time. If that makes sense.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Not too bad, most of them are the ones that got our family in the big hot JW mess we are in. And I sure as hell am sick of having it held over my head......there you go Missy, quit meetings and you will never see grandma again, emotional blackmail. NMKA

• factfinder
    factfinder

I miss my parents very much, especially my dear Mom.

Mom died in 2000 :(

and Dad in 2006 :(

I blame God for their deaths. I still hope somehow I will see them again. It is not easy-just the other day my best friend took me to see the house I grew up in and it brought back memories that made me very sad, but a little comfort too. But my memories are fading. I see my Mom in my dreams often and on occassion my Dad, and I'm glad to see them in my dreams, but that is not enough... :(

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

After decades of telling them to Shut the F*ck Up..

Relieved..

No more Preaching..Peace and Quiet..

...................;-)...OUTLAW

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

It's sad to accept that I won't be seeing my dead loved ones again.

But that is not nearly as sad as accepting that I probably won't ever see some of my LIVING loved ones again who are JW.

That's really very, very sad.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Irondork:

I don't have dead loved ones. I don't even have alive loved ones.

I love you, Irondork.

• flipper
    flipper

It doesn't really bother me- as I never FULLY believed in the resurrection anyway when I was a JW. I miss my dead relatives, friends, etc. - and as long as I'm alive I'll still miss them. But when I die , I won't know the difference anyway ! LOL ! None of us will miss each other if we're all dead ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Truth be told though, none of you know whether or not you'll see your dead loved ones again. That's right, none of you!! Until someone actually dies, and comes back to life after fighting throught the casket and a few feet of dirt and says, "Hey, I know what happens after death! Until that happens, the best we're left with is speculation which some attempt to glamourize by calling it faith. The worst is, we simply just don't know. None of us knows whats on the other side, and to say concretely that you'll never see your dead loved ones again, is bull shit, because you don't know that. To say that you will see your dead loved ones again, is also plain and simple, bull shit, because you don't know either. Stop speaking as if any of you know what happens beyond death. None of you know, none of you!! So please, STFU about things you know nothing of!!

• mindseye
    mindseye

When my mom died, some of my JW relatives talked to me of resurrection. I told them it was a nice idea, and I hoped it might be possible, but that didn't mean that I believed it.

Now I'm not sure it's even a nice idea. From my observation, it keeps people from acheiving a sort of closure that's important after losing a loved one ... to borrow from Proverbs (and an earlier post today), expectations are postponed, making the heart sick.

In contrast, viewing life and death as a natural cycle, and nothing as permanent, has better helped me deal with grief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit