Do you still experience the joy of discovery in the "old-fashioned" way?

by compound complex 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

the perfect shirt in a thrift store

Aaah yes indeed! I've had that shirt for 6 years now. I get irritable when it's in the wash. Even when I'm not wearing it it's good to know it's on the hanger. But more days than not it's on my back.

It's getting very faded and worn now . . . but it's still perfect.

The dilemma is . . . how will I ever replace it?

• clarity
    clarity

MrsJones ...what a great find! I've used one as a kid.

You will soon get the rythm and rock of the treadling, almost like tapping your feet to ......... music

edited to correct .... rhythm .... darn that's a hard word

c

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning CoCo..

Discovery can be surprising..I remember being over weight.

I started to lose that weight.

My first discovery was being able to see my feet..

Then I lost more weight..

I was really surprised,at what I was able to see next..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Nancy, Sizemik, Clarity and OUTLAW:

Have to seek out that book, ND. My fave shirts are threadbare and worn, too, Sizemik. Where's a spare when you need it? With some music you could be a Singer, Clarity. Quite a revelation, OUTLAW. Thanks for keeping us guessing ...

Good day, ALL!

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Nancy - I love Achy and Mehitabel. I don't think most people have even heard of it.

Serendipity - part of the pleasure of looking for treasure is the wonderful things you find along the way. Today at the yard sales (a very serious thing here) I found a genuine thermos with a stainless steel inside for $2. I have been looking for one. And a hand sander for $3. Yoohoo!

• agonus
    agonus

I also get a big kick out of used games stores that still sell stuff like Atari 2600, Intellivision, etc.

• agonus
    agonus

Little Golden Books are the best!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hortensia!! It is good to see you... I am glad that Archy & Mehitabel called you to this thread.

I too, absolutely and completely love Archy & Mehitabel, Nancy. And I also found a complete collection in hardback (a treasure!) at a thrift store. One of my all-time favorite books.

Love to all,
    Baba.

• hypnoticus
    hypnoticus

I do, the only thing that changed is the method. Mind you I still go to libraries and old book stores as always. But ever since I've learned how to find quality info on Internet rather than reading every random garbage I never really looked back. There is really no comparison in being able to find what you need when you need it.

BUT, and its a big but (with one T), if I want to enjoy something and just take my time and relax then its always a book. In that regard internet/computers will never replace old fashioned way, not for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit