Several ways you can leave the WT money when you die - No subtlety here folks

by agonus 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

In the latest Kool-Aid edition (November 15th), there's an insert on page 22 entitled "Ways in Which Some Choose to Give". In this short (less than 2 page) article, the word "death" appears no less than 3, count 'em, 3 times. "Payable on death", "Transfer on Death", and "bequest at death" are all mentioned.

Well, on the plus side, if they keep this $#!+ up, more dubs will wake up to their hypocrisy...

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

We can hope.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! I've printed out that booklet - well, I think mine is a 1990's or early 2000 copyright date - and I keep it handy... Haven't used it on a JW at the door yet, but it's there if I need it...

It's a real eye-opener...

• sir82
    sir82

The November 15 WT has had such an article for the past 10-12 years running. They put it toward the end of the year to remind folks to donate so they (the donators) can get a tax write off in their tax returns.

That said, it is rather sad that so many JWs leave their estates, or at least a big chunk of them, to the WTS.

If only people realized how many $billions the WTS is worth....

• agonus
    agonus

Didn't Pastor Russell say something about it being time to close up shop if and when it became necessary for the WT to solicit funds?

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Yeah my mother already did this. She said that her kids don't care enough about her to leave us money when she passes. She said its better to leave it to the Society since they're the only ones that care about her. Yep WBTS is now the named beneficiary on her will....that was years ago.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was constantly reminded from an early age that there was no inheritance because all the money was going to the Watchtower. At the time, it didn't matter because the world was ending. Now it doesn't matter because I don't give a ****.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Funny how they put that in the same WT where the bag on getting education to earn money. Hello WT, if you want more $$$ you are gonna have to educate your masses. Of course they fear them leaving from doing that book learnin' so I guess its a big catch-22.

• Roski
    Roski

The elder in charge of organising/administering my mothers affairs (money) told me the society doesn't need her money. I said that I know they don't need it, but they want it - which is why you are doing what you are doing. They really have no shame - it is as if their conscience does not work when they are operating under the organisations orders.

• agonus
    agonus

Again I'm reminded of the scene in Schindler's List where the Nazi patrol car drives over a makeshift road paved with Jewish gravestones.

Even in death, they just won't leave these poor people alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit