JEHU Champions Pure Worship - Watchtower 11/15/2011

by wannabefree 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I picked what I thought were highlights of the article. Harsh words used to describe Jehu's actions ... likened to how elders should be in eliminating threats in the congregation and how all should treat the disfellowshipped.

JEHU Champions Pure Worship - Watchtower 11/15/2011

JEHU was a champion of pure worship. In carrying out his role, he was energetic, prompt, relentless, zealous, and courageous. Jehu manifested qualities that we would do well to imitate.

Jehovah decreed the elimination of the whole house of Ahab, including Jehoram and Jexebel. Jehu was to spearhead that action.

Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.

Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship.

But to rid the congregation of potentially corrupting influences, Christian elders may have to act with courage similar to that of Jehu. (1 Cor. 5:9-13) And all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid company of disfellowshipped individuals. - 2John 9-11

It is true that Jehu spilled much blood. Yet, the Scriptures present him as a courageous man who freed Israel from the oppressive domination of Jezebel and her family. If any leader of Israel was to succeed in doing this, he had to be a man of courage, determination, and zeal.

No doubt you can see that circumstances faced by Christians today require that they manifest certain qualities possessed by Jehu.

• wobble
    wobble

Trust the WT to spin what Jehu was really like (based on the O.T)

Jehu was a blood-thirsty political extremist, looking to preserve the people in power that he supported, if you read just a little between the lines, worship of Yahweh was secondary to who held political power.

Having said that, this is typical WT mind-control, whatever draconian measures the Elders implement now to stop the collapse of the WT house of cards will be approved by the Congregation as necessary.

Why this fear of DF'd ones ? Because an awful lot of them know the truth about the Troof. No moral JW is in danger of being influenced into immorality, but there is a danger that once a person is DFd he/she has nothing to lose, so can tell all they know about the falsehood of the WT/JW religion.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

wow, such venom.

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,they sound like they're on the rampage. They are seeing or sensing problems within their own boundaries/organization. The GB must see that a lot of members are not avoiding the DF'd class and that is threatening them and the GB seem to just want a spiritual/emotional "blood" bath too. May more members recognize the GB harshness to at least see Jesus as their example of peace and love than anything like that Jehu fella.

• agonus
    agonus

Ignoring hypocrisy in leadership, running from tough issues and avoiding any contact with those who no longer believe as you... yep, that's the height of bravery right there.

• agonus
    agonus

Never questioning what you've been taught... such courage!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

and you guys are wondering why some countries are starting legal action against the WT?

• sd-7
    sd-7

But wait, they said this same guy then allowed idolatry to basically continue after a while. So...seems to me his zeal was primarily about becoming the king. And Jehovah was a means to that end. They actually conclude the article with how Jehu FAILS to champion pure worship. That just totally deflates the point.

That was why I never wanted to be an elder. Making those kinds of decisions about people's lives, cutting them off from family and friends at a time when they might need help the most...I'd feel personally responsible if they just stayed away altogether, or worse, got so depressed they killed themselves or something. The fact that Jehu is held up as a fine example for how to act in this regard goes to show how far removed the Society is from Christianity. Jesus is the example that we're supposed to focus on, not a bloodthirsty Israelite king who later become an idolater. And Jesus didn't even shun Pharisees, tax collectors, and the like. He ATE with them! And yet the Pharisees were the very people he routinely condemned.

It's foulin' up my mood, is all. I'm more interested in the next Public Edition and how they'll fail to discredit the 587 evidence again.

--sd-7

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jehu used "Jehovah" to promote his own agenda. Once Jehu was in charge, he had no further use for serving "Jehovah". Much like "responsible elders" today. They use "Jehovah" to promote their agenda, but underneath it all, they are serving Watchtower Corporation and have no use for god.

• blondie
    blondie
    Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.

So God needed humans back then to carry out his judgments?

What about the angel that killed 185,000 Assyrians?

Or Sodom and Gomorrah?

Or the flood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit